4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2020 10:38 AM by Stefan Hall

Is any organization using or getting value out of the Service Context functionality?

Jason Miller
      Share This:

My question is triggered by an idea I saw this morning: Need a pre-upgrade validation tool, especially for Atrium Web Service components

I think for many organizations the only reason to install the Atrium Web Services is because Service Context requires them. Considering the tech behind Atrium Web Services is a bit outdated and they tend to cause issues during an upgrade (i.e. the whole upgrade rolls back and tends to trash the system if just web services upgrade fails), I am wondering if Atrium Web Services is even worth it? Is maintaining Atrium Web Services and Service Context worth effort to install and maintain them?

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept of Service Context but I have never seen it used in the wild. Is organization actively using Service Context? Is any organization getting value out of this features installed and configured?

CCing other Communities since all of these have some skin in the Service Context game:

TrueSight Server Automation

TrueSight Capacity Optimization

Remedy ITSM

Remedy AR System