5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2020 2:39 AM by Andrew Waters

Discovery with different IP origin

Alfredo Montes de Oca
      Share This:

I try to discover an IP and the problem is that the connection is with a different IP than the one configured in Windows proxy.

I have a server with 3 networks, 1 network for BKP, 1 network for management and one more for service.

The question is, why if I configured on the device and the Windows proxy the management IP tries to make the connection with the service IP?

How can I make the IP always be the IP for management and not another?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

• 1. Re: Discovery with different IP origin
          Andrew Waters

I assume you mean the proxy pool you have configured limits addresses. This does not control what IP is used to scan, it just prevents the proxies in the pool from being used for unmatched addresses.

If you are scanning a range which includes the other IP addresses then you can either

* have a exclude range to prevent scanning on the other IP addresses, or

* have no working credentials on the other IPs so there is no way for them to ever become the preferred access address.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Discovery with different IP origin
            Alfredo Montes de Oca

Thanks for the answer Andrew,

Sorry but it´s no clear for me get, I will try to explain me better.

In the windows proxy server I have 3 IP, for example

Service IP 10.10.10.1

Gestion IP 10.10.10.2

BKP IP       10.10.10.3

In the Appliance the IP Approved and active is 10.10.10.2, when I scan one specific IP the conection try to stablish with IP 10.10.10.1 but in a differents IP´s in the same subnet stablish correctly the conection througth the IP 10.10.10.2, this IP 10.10.10.2 is the configurated in a Firewall so, this is the problem, because the FW isn´t allow the conection with the service IP 10.10.10.1

I hope you have a better panorama about my problem

Thanks for the patiente.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Discovery with different IP origin
              Andrew Waters

Are you trying to scan the machine running the Windows proxy itself on the other address? That is Discovery trying to scan the IP you specified rather than talk to the Windows proxy.

• 4. Re: Discovery with different IP origin
                Alfredo Montes de Oca

Hi Andrew,

I try to scan other IP, for example I try to scan 10.15.1.12 , and the window proxy go out across througth the service IP (Service IP 10.10.10.1)  but for the other IP´s in the same subnet for example 10.15.1.72 the scan is througth the IP of gestion (Gestion IP 10.10.10.2).

Only for now in that IP 10.15.1.12 the discovery try to go out across of Service IP 10.10.10.1 for all others goes throgth Gestion IP 10.10.10.2

is it possible to set the Gestion ip to make the discoveries?

Thanks a lot.

• 5. Re: Discovery with different IP origin
                  Andrew Waters

Discovery does not control this. The route taken from the Windows machine running the proxy is controlled by the routing tables defined on the Windows machine.