2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2020 8:18 AM by Jesus Andujar Gonzalez

Error Installing the Application Pack (9.0.19.200), in a  Agent control m

Jesus Andujar Gonzalez
      Share This:

Hi.

When I try to install the Application Pack, on a computer with agent control installed, I always receive the following error

20-07-06 08:51:13 : Communication with CTM Server using new binaries succeeded, RC=0

20-07-06 08:51:13 DEBUG: C:\windows\TEMP\DR1CM.9.0.19.200_windows_x86_64.zip_unknown\setup.exe -silent "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M Agent\Default\silent.xml"

?06/07/2020  8:51:15,20

The Control-M Application Pack 9.0.19.200 installer you are attempting to run seems to have a copy already running.

This could be from a previous failed installation attempt or you may have accidentally launched

the installer twice. The recommended action is to select 'Exit' and wait for the other copy of

the installer to start. If you are sure there is no other copy of the installer running, select

the 'Continue' to allow this installer to run.

Do you want to exit this installation?

Exit

Installation has failed.

20-07-06 08:51:13 Install setup_rc = 256

20-07-06 08:51:13 Function final_setagstate start

Action=INSTALL, file_extension=.zip, system_rc=256, setagstate=setagstate.exe

-07-06 08:51:13 DEBUG: "C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Control-M Agent\Default\exe\setagstate.exe" DeploymentUpdate Deployment_Failed 189 0 0 0 0 "Control-M Application Pack installation Failed please see installation log" -agent Default

Status 'DeploymentUpdate' sent successfully to CTM server

Server Response:

STATUS=Deployment_Failed

DeploymentId=189

MessageId=0

MsgParam1=0

MsgParam2=0

MsgParam3=0

MsgText=Control-M Application Pack installation Failed please see installation log

20-07-06 08:51:13 setagstate rc=0

20-07-06 08:51:13 Function final_setagstate end

20-07-06 08:51:13 ERR_MSG=Control-M Application Pack installation process was aborted. For more details, please view the installation log.

20-07-06 08:51:13 RC=91

I have reviewed the following article, but I don't see any corrupt setup in the temp directory, nor is there any setup.exe process in memory.

Control-M Workload Automation installation fails with error: The Control-M/Agent <Version> installer you are attempting to run seems to have a copy already running.

I have even physically restarted the computer with m agent control, and the error is the same

Also, I have tried to install the application pack, in another machine with an agent installed, and if I have been able to do it.. But not the one that gives me the error.

Could you give me some help on the subject?

Jesus Andujar

Thank you

• 1. Re: Error Installing the Application Pack (9.0.19.200), in a  Agent control m
          Bentze Perlmutter

Hi Jesus,

First, can you check the value of %TEMP% System Environment Variable on the host where install works?

On the host where the install fails it is: C:\windows\TEMP\

I'm wondering if on the success host the permissions on this location are differnt to the ones on the failed host?

Also, are both Control-M/Agents configured with "Logon As User = N" and the Agent Service runs as "Local System"?

Second, as a potential workaround, you can try:

- From CCM deploy the AppPack to the agent without doing the install (this should just copy the installation file to: C:\windows\TEMP\DR1CM.9.0.19.200_windows_x86_64.zip

- Create folders: C:\temp\manual_ap\

- Login as a Local Admin to that host, unzip C:\windows\TEMP\DR1CM.9.0.19.200_windows_x86_64.zip to C:\temp\manual_ap\ (not to C:\Windows\temp)

- Run setup.exe from C:\temp\manual_ap\ --> this should perform the install

- Remove C:\temp\

Regards,

Bentze

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error Installing the Application Pack (9.0.19.200), in a  Agent control m
            Jesus Andujar Gonzalez

first thing, thanks for the help.

The problem was due to someone having to install the Application Pack, in its day, but it did not appear in the gui.

I opened a case with support, and they told me to do the following from the server control m:

ctmgetcm

Host: Agent Name.

appltype = *

Action: Get

After a few minutes, the agent already had the Application Pack.

Regards