5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2020 12:44 PM by Ravi Reddi

Error whjile onboarding users in smart reporting

Owis Moustafa
      Share This:

Hi everyone,

appreciate your help .. am facing issue while onboarding users in Smart reporting 20.02 fresh installation. AR is 20.02 as well..

am getting generic error at the final step before it starts.

An error has occurred during operation, please try again later or contact your administrator

• 1. Re: Error whjile onboarding users in smart reporting
          Ravi Reddi

Owis Moustafa

Can you please search the log snippet for "| ERROR |" and share it here to be able to provide any insights on what could be the issue here?

Is the OS LINUX environment?

Regards,

Ravi Reddi

• 2. Re: Error whjile onboarding users in smart reporting
            Owis Moustafa

hi .. thank you for response.... I hope its not a software bug in 20.02 version.

Its windows and below are the errors.

2020-06-29 12:22:15.983 | http-nio-8080-exec-5   | ERROR | c.b.inapp.reporting.services.ARTenantService  | Error in getting AR Users for Tenant (Default-null) :

2020-06-29 12:22:16.952 | http-nio-8080-exec-5   | ERROR | c.b.i.r.r.e.AbstractExceptionMapperProvider   | REST layer got exception:

com.bmc.inapp.reporting.rest.exceptions.ServiceException: Error in getting AR Users.

at org.glassfish.jersey.internal.Errors$1.call(Errors.java:271)

Caused by: com.bmc.arsys.api.ARException: ERROR (314): Field does not exist on current form; -449feaec:172ff59bbdc:-7fec : <104>

• 3. Re: Error whjile onboarding users in smart reporting
              Ravi Reddi

Owis Moustafa

While the log suggests it has issue getting the users data from AR, I am not sure if that is the real issue here before the complete log review.

However, few things to check:

- Are the AR Server & SmartReporting Servers deployed on different windows servers? If yes, can you check the connectivity? (Try to access the URLs across the servers.)

- Are you using Remedy Admin User or equivalent privileges user for the Onboarding that has the access to the users records in the Remedy?

- Considering this is new setup, I presume you haven't yet enabled SSL. If yes, can you disable and Onboard.

- Can you login to SmartReporting Direct & Admin Consoles?

If feasible, please share the complete log file.

Regards,

Ravi Reddi

• 4. Re: Error whjile onboarding users in smart reporting
                Owis Moustafa

- Are the AR Server & SmartReporting Servers deployed on different windows servers? If yes, can you check the connectivity? (Try to access the URLs across the servers.) Yes 2 different servers and connecting correctly/

- Are you using Remedy Admin User or equivalent privileges user for the Onboarding that has the access to the users records in the Remedy? Yes.

- Considering this is new setup, I presume you haven't yet enabled SSL. If yes, can you disable and Onboard. No SSL.

- Can you login to SmartReporting Direct & Admin Consoles? Yes.

log attached.

many thanks.

• 5. Re: Error whjile onboarding users in smart reporting
                  Ravi Reddi

Owis Moustafa

Apologies on the delay to revert on this.

I was searching for the possible reasons on the errors found in the logs; however, didn't figured out much evidences. :-(

Though I presume the issue could be with the Remedy Server that is causing the issue with below errors:

REST layer got exception

Error in getting AR Users.

com.bmc.arsys.api.ARException: ERROR (314): Field does not exist on current form

If there are any alternate AR Servers available then probably you can try to switch and see if it makes any difference.

In any which case I would suggest you to log case with BMC Support.

Regards,

Ravi Reddi