8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2020 8:43 AM by Swati Sharma

Related to form View

Swati Sharma
      Share This:

Hi ,

Is it possible to determine the homepage view name in ARsystem User freference Home page tab in the Form Name field ?

Actually there is a requirement to change the UI of an application so normally when we login giving the credentials our BMC_Task_Manager page opens since this is form name mentioned in the user preference form in Home page tab in Forn name field so this is opening and the default view of this form is getting opened.

Now I have created a duplicate view of the BMC_Task_Manager form and in the old view that is the default view of this form there a button is created so if we login in bmc remedy as old page is getting opened and then if users want to see the new view they click on the New view button and the New View of BMC_Task_Manager page open .Now the challenge is if users do a logout from the New view of BMC_Task_Manager form then again if they want to re-login then they dont want the old page should come directly it should open this New view of Bmc_Task_Manager form so that everytime they dont get the option to select the old view or new view .

Is there any way to specify or define  the View Name?

Thanks and regards

Swati

• 1. Re: Related to form View
          Sinisa Mikor

Hi Swati,

have you tried setting Default Form View (on Advanced tab of AR System User Preference) to new view's name?  Workflow triggered by your button could populate it as needed.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Related to form View
            Swati Sharma

Hi Mikor ,

No I haven't tried this one ,Let me try this and I will check whether its happening or not.

thanks

swati

• 3. Re: Related to form View
              Swati Sharma

Hi ,

But how to populate the value  so that it will open my new view only .Can you help me related to the workflows?

thanks

Swati

• 4. Re: Related to form View
                Sinisa Mikor

Once user selects to change view (this could be made reversible, thus I mention change rather than select new), update user's record in AR System User Preference (using Push Fields action into AR System User Preference on condition that 'Submitter' = $USER$ to set Default Form View to name of selected view, while preventing creation of new request) and, using workflow you've already added, redisplay form using selected view because change of preference will not be applied until next login; after that action, selected view should be displayed automatically until next change of preference.

Since you seem not to have used Default Form View before, this shouldn't disrupt behavior of other forms, but keep in mind that this is applied globally so when you decide to introduce another custom form view as default, try matching its name to previous custom view's to avoid having some forms displayed using (BMC's) default form view instead of displayed using custom form view (e. g. if you start with custom view View A and use it as default for that form, and implicitly every other form because setting is applied globally, then at some point create.custom view View B for another form, user will either be shown all forms using View A or BMC's default view in case their default view is set to View A, or will be shown all forms using View B or BMC's default view in case their default view is set to View B, rather than both -- to be able to use both custom views automatically, they should have the same name).

• 5. Re: Related to form View
                  Swati Sharma

Hi ,

Thanks for this,its working only thing is I need to check the workflows because once the new View got opened after doing the relogin the workflows for the New View is not getting Triggered.I need to check on that Part .Thanks once again.

Thanks

Swati

• 6. Re: Related to form View
                    Swati Sharma

Hi ,

Need a help regarding the form view workflow,The scenario is as follows:

By giving my credentials I m logging in BMC remedy so initially my BMC_Task_Manager OLD View is getting opened and once this window is getting loaded there are some custom fields which are getting set in this form .Basically it is taking information from BMC_TM_Parameter form and from that form it is setting the values in BMC_Task_Manager.Now taking these custom field values as reference the other views of forms are getting opened .So If i am doing any search for any ticket id in TASK MANAGER form it is checking those custom fields whether it is set to Yes or No based on that it open the next form View .

So in my case I want if old View of Task manager form is opened then the next form which should open should be also the Old View of the Next form.

And so on for the New View of TASK _Manager as well.If New View of Task_Manager is loaded then whatever search we are doing in New View, for that the next form New View should Only Open.

Please help me out on this part.

Thanks and regards

Swati

• 7. Re: Related to form View
                      LJ LongWing

there is a $VUI$ keyword that you should be able to use here....so you should be able to say something like this

if $VUI$ = "this value"

Open other window in view x

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Related to form View
                        Swati Sharma

Thanks ,

I have used the same keyword and its working as expected now.Thanks alot for the suggestion.

Regards

Swati