1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 7, 2020 12:18 PM by Philippe Boyer

Nutanix Appliance scanning through BMC Discovery 11.3

Amit Shrivastava
      Share This:

Hi,

We are trying to scan Nutanix appliance through BMC Discovery 11.3, however getting Error as "No Access"

I have gone through Nutanix Cluster - Configipedia - BMC Documentation

And added the Discovery User ID to the Admin group, does it require any other level of access as well ?

Also, in documents I found the patterns needed to scan Nutanix are

Prism_Server,

Prism_cluster

and

Multicluster_relationships

however, I do not see these patterns in the current Active Pattern Modules, whereas following patterns are active,

so do we need any other patterns to be available in order to scan Nutanix Appliance.

Thank You!

Regards,

Amit Shrivastava

• 1. Re: Nutanix Appliance scanning through BMC Discovery 11.3
          Philippe Boyer

Amit> We are trying to scan Nutanix appliance through BMC Discovery 11.3, however getting Error as "No Access"

Amit> do we need any other patterns

"No Access" has no link with the patterns. This means that the ssh credential used to scan the ip running nutanix process was incorrect (or some important platform scripts failed).

I suggest to test the ssh first. Once it works, the Host node should be created by the vm. If all goes well, the nutanix processes  (nutanix/bin/vip_service) will be detected, it will trigger the pattern listed above and they will model the nutanix cluster. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful