14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2020 8:25 AM by rodrigo barcat

Inssues at configuration Flashboard - Remedy  9.1.04

LEONARDO SEBBA
      Share This:

ARERR [8755] The specified plug-in does not exist. : REMEDY.ARDBC.FLASHBOARD.FORM ( at DevStudio i not saw too a vendor plugin)

I need help configuring the flashboard vendor form plugin. I already configured the entry in the ar.conf file, but I didn't find it anywhere, how should I configure the entries in the plugin server confiuration area. could someone give me an example? need detais for right configuration.Captura de Tela 2020-06-22 às 15.54.59.pngCaptura de Tela 2020-06-22 às 09.28.55.png

• 1. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
          Mark Walters

What are you trying to do when you get this error and which version of Remedy?  I'm trying to work out where this plugin lives, I think you're on a pre-9 version and so you need this line in your ar.conf/cfg

Unix:

Plugin: FlashboardObject.so

or Windows:

Plugin: FlashboardObject.dll

• 2. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
            LEONARDO SEBBA

I was using Linux.... version of Remedy 9.1.04 , i wa

I already set it as entries in the configuration file (ar.conf)

Server-Plugin-Alias: REMEDY.ARDBC.SERVER.ADMINISTRATION REMEDY.ARDBC.SERVER.ADMINISTRATION dxl1ars00001:9999

Server-Plugin-Alias: REMEDY.ARDBC.FLASHBOARD.FORM REMEDY.ARDBC.FLASHBOARD.FORM dxl1ars00001:9999

What are you trying to do when you get this error

Search in FB:Variable Attributes :

Novo ARERR [8755] The specified plug-in does not exist. : REMEDY.ARDBC.FLASHBOARD.FORM

• 3. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
              Mark Walters

This is a system that has been upgraded from an earlier version - 7.6 or so?  The FB:Variable Attributes form was removed in version 8.1 (I think) when the functionality changed for FB variables to be managed via Developer Studio.  The form you are trying to access is a vendor form provided by the C plugin FlashboardObjects.so which is no longer used. 

You have a Server-Plugin-Alias line which tells the server that this plugin is hosted by the default Java plugin server but there is no Java plugin to do this.  Also note that the other plugin line is also redundant as the server admin plugin is now internal to the server.  Both of the lines in your message need to be removed and you should review the 9.1 docs for more info on how flashboards are created and modified in 9.1

Adding graphics to an application with flashboards - Documentation for Remedy Action Request System 9.1 - BMC Documentat…

• 4. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                LEONARDO SEBBA

Mark, Morning,

I would like to know then, because there is no form for the flashboard, and look at the attachment, 
                this server was installed entirely new, but we made Delta from another windows server for linux,
                the old flashboards from version 7.6 are working, but all that create new on the server 9.1.04 are not,
                could you tell me what could be wrong?

left imagem its New.....right is old ( only old works). (

Captura de Tela 2020-06-23 às 08.14.02.png

Left side configuration

Captura de Tela 2020-06-23 às 08.25.02.png

Right side configuration

Captura de Tela 2020-06-23 às 08.25.24.png

Here i not saw a vendor form...( for flashboard)

Captura de Tela 2020-06-23 às 08.14.59.png

ps.

I was wondering if this could be problems with the mid-tier, but how are the old ones working and the new ones none?
                • 5. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                  rodrigo barcat

Hi Leonardo,

Why dont you enjoy this opportunity to start a project and replace old flashboards by Smart Reporting Dashboards?

• 6. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                    LEONARDO SEBBA

rodrigo barcat escreveu:

Hi Leonardo,

Why dont you enjoy this opportunity to start a project and replace old flashboards by Smart Reporting Dashboards?

Because at the moment we are trying to stabilize the versioning problems, here and everything is very slow, I know we have better options, but I still need to solve the problem, Smart Reporting Dashboards is for the better for versions higher than 9.1.04

• 7. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                      rodrigo barcat

Ok.

I believe that BB have a partner agreement in Brazil. If you call to BMC/Partner I am sure they will help you asap.

• 8. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                        Mark Walters

It's not a midtier issue.  Remedy 9 does not use the same vendor form for flashboards as earlier versions so there is no plugin.  I'm not sure how you migrated the FB data from the older system - it's possible an upgrade would have sorted all of this out.  Did you export and use def files or some sort of db level data copy?

The plugin that provides the vendor form FB:Variable Attributes is a file called FlashboardObject.so so you could try copying that from your working system.  You will also need a bunch of supporting shared libraries - use the ldd command to list the dependencies.  Then add the line Plugin: /path/to/FlashboardObject.so in your ar.conf and it should load.  However, I don't think this will resolve your problem. 

You may need to open a support case to try and figure out what's happened.

• 9. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                          LEONARDO SEBBA

Thats is a long history....Mark Walters

The forms were upgraded by the .def files, as the old server was windows and the version was 7.6 we chose to migrate via def and the data via api. do you suggest that I delete the FB forms: migrated and try again? I would like some suggestion, because the old one that shouldn't work is working, and the new one isn't working at all, but if I change the old one it will stop working too.

Captura de Tela 2020-06-23 às 13.49.29.png

• 10. Re: plugin server configuration Flashboard 9.1.04
                            LEONARDO SEBBA

You may need to open a support case to try and figure out what's happened.

our support is in a public dispute, so I can't use it right now.

in this version is it necessary to configure the entries in the xml configuration file? if positive could send me which model of the library should i fill?

example a fts has config >:

<plugin>

<name>ARSYS.ARDBC.FTSCONFIG</name>

<classname>com.bmc.arsys.plugins.ftsconfig.FTSConfigPlugin</classname>

<pathelement type="location">/opt/bmc/ARSystem/pluginsvr/ftsconfigplugin91_build003.jar</pathelement>

<userDefined>

<arconfPath>/opt/bmc/ARSystem</arconfPath>

<ftsFolder>/opt/bmc/ARSystem/pluginsvr/fts</ftsFolder>

<armonitorPath>/etc/arsystem/dxl1ars00001</armonitorPath>

<ftsJavaPath>/usr/java/jdk1.8.0_92/jre/bin/java</ftsJavaPath>

</userDefined>

</plugin>

have a config for flashboard ?

maybe it is that ? >>>> Plugin server Password has not been set  ( System Password) 

• 11. Re: Inssues at configuration Flashboard - Remedy  9.1.04
                              Mark Walters

Please see my messages above which explain that you need to find the FlashboardObject.so file and related libraries from your old server and copy them to the new one.  No changes are required to any xml files as the Flashboards ARDBC plugin is C based and not Java.  You need to remove the Server-Plugin-Alias line you had added and add Plugin: FlashboardObject.so

Even once this is done I suspect you will have issues as you are trying to mix version 7.6.04 and 9.1 Flashboards on the same server and the supporting forms/code changed signficantly in 8.x

• 12. Re: Inssues at configuration Flashboard - Remedy  9.1.04
                                LEONARDO SEBBA

I managed to adjust the flashboard, but I verified that no variable flashboard does not work, would you have any idea why? only new variables don't work.

Captura de Tela 2020-06-26 às 10.08.31.png

I was add same variable of a first image

Captura de Tela 2020-06-26 às 10.32.33.png

I added the variable and it doesn't appear in the list ( i have 5 variables only 1 is new, other are old from other system)

Captura de Tela 2020-06-26 às 10.49.47.png

• 13. Re: Inssues at configuration Flashboard - Remedy  9.1.04
                                  LEONARDO SEBBA

Anyone knows why variables not working?

• 14. Re: Inssues at configuration Flashboard - Remedy  9.1.04
                                    rodrigo barcat

Guys, I will write in PT_BR to be faster and explain a little about that the issue need to be worked by BMC (support) or Partner channel. BB is one of the major financial org in Brazil (so I don't recommend that your data can be exposed here)

Bom dia, Leonardo.

Realmente é complicado essa atuação na comunidade. Precisamos de um acesso maior para poder analisar com vcs essa mudança de versão e ambiente.

Como vc disse que o BB está sem suporte, a sugestão seria tentar o contato com algum parceiro para serviço de healthy check dessa infra. Com certeza o valor será abaixo do indicado para ser licitado. Porém entendo tb que os tempos de contratação, no governo, nem sempre estão do nosso lado. Gostaria de poder ajudar mais, mas para isso o acesso à informação tb precisaria ser compartilhada e aumentada, o que não acho correto em uma thread de web e com dados sensíveis e de instituição bancária.

O caminho seria um contrato de suporte com parceiro ou uma negociação a parte com o comercial da BMC