4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2020 9:52 AM by Anne Brock

Remedyforce quick templates

Vandana Rattan
      Share This:

We want to create sort of quick templates for IT helpdesk team so that they can click on custom buttons on Remedyforce Console , enter a few fields and when they save, it generates tickets which are automatically closed. 1 example would be:

You click on a password reset button, enter user id, enter system name that the password is for, click on submit and the ticket will be opened and closed.

How can such functionalities be implemented?

• 1. Re: Remedyforce quick templates
          kedar zavar

You can use templates for this.. did you try that?

Kedar

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos

• 2. Re: Remedyforce quick templates
            Vandana Rattan

Hi Kedar,

Can you please elaborate how can I use a template here. How can I add buttons to the Remedyforce Console?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Remedyforce quick templates
              kedar zavar

You can create template from Remedyforce administration > templates.

Set required field values at bottom .

Once created - you can use it from console by typing name of template on console

Kedar

• 4. Re: Remedyforce quick templates
                Anne Brock

Templates aren't buttons; but they are easy to apply - open a record, put in a customer name, select the template, and save.

Not sure what the use case is for buttons ... but could see something interesting there. "common actions" across the top of the console (or more likely available like the "link to broadcast" and "update" buttons are available); click on one of them - reset password - and it asks for customer name and then applies the template as you save it. Interesting - I recommend you put in an idea about that - basically allow custom buttons next to the new/delete/change owner, etc buttons on the Console...

But in the meantime - once you create templates - the support analyst selects new; enters customer name; enters template name; hits save; and, assuming the ticket sets status to closed, the ticket is done.