13 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2020 5:12 AM by PAWAN KAUSHIK

SRM form Filter qualification issue

ilhan KURT
      Share This:

Hi all,

I have a need that control sth on field SR Type field 11,

I have created a filter as below

and also I have mapped my data on SRD as below

But the filter doesn't not work I realized that it is failed or not control the qualification or sth else.

Any sugestion ?

REgards

• 1. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
          Sinisa Mikor

Hi ilhan,

is there any reason not to define question Istem Tipi as Required and avoid using filter altogether?  The first that comes to mind would be that it is located behind condition which need not be fulfilled and can thus remain blank, but in that case, nothing would be written into SR Type Field 11 anyway and filter (if it did what you intend it to) would prevent creation of such service request when it probably shouldn't.

• 2. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
            ilhan KURT

the question and mapping is ok and I can also see the data on SRM:Request.

also I want to control qual like below,

The filter doesnot work.

• 3. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
              Sidhdesh Punaskar

Is it failing because of other field z2AF_WIAttachment1?

There is no attachment in SRM:Request?

• 4. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                Sinisa Mikor

Are you attempting to ensure that an attachment was provided by submitter for certain value(s) in SR Type Field 11?  It might be better to associate that verification to submit button so that submitter could rectify omission and proceed with submittal, but in case you have to implement it in filter (e. g. because it also has to apply to Smart IT) and in a manner that covers other methods of submittal of service request as well (e. g. integration with external system), it would be better to move your filter to SRM:RequestInterface_Create and have it execute before filter SRM:SRI:CreteRequest_100_CreateRequest`! which executes at execution order of 200.  (You mention that filter does not work -- does that mean that filter gets triggered but does not perform appropriate actions, or that filter never gets triggered? If it is the latter, it is probably being skipped by actions preceding it, so you'd have to move it to different execution order -- in general, it is advisable to perform all verifications earlier rather than later to avoid executing workflow which failed verification makes unnecessary and rollback of already undertaken transactions.)

I presume that you did verify that attachments included in requests submitted using that particular SRD are actually appearing in resulting service requests.

• 5. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                  Carl Wilson

Hi,

I would trigger on Modify not Submit.

I have found Service Requests (for some reason) are created and modified a couple of times in the same transactions before all the data is available.

Cheers

Carl

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                    Sidhdesh Punaskar

Yes its worth checking on modify action

• 7. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                      ilhan KURT

Even I delete attachment field it doesnot work.

• 8. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                        ilhan KURT

I have implement this filter for the user who submit request from Digital workplace.

When user try to submit a request with a question is "Veri Yetki İstemi" without attachment, I want user get an error.

To do this I mapped SR Type Field 11 to question.

I need to display this error while user is submitting request from DWP

• 9. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                          ilhan KURT

I am submitting the request from DWP so atachemnt is stored SRM core fields that's why I have checked attachent field on SRM.

I am using SR Type Field 11 for a specific condition which user must have to upload the atachemnt on this condition.

When I check it as SR Type Fied 11=$NULL$ it works. but when I check it as  SR Type Fied 11="Veri Yetki İstemi" it doesnot work so I can say it is not triggered.

• 10. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                            Jay Rohrer

The value in the run if and the value in the field do not appear to be the exact same.

• 12. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                              Sidhdesh Punaskar

Is there any special character? I mean "i" looks different at both places.

• 13. Re: SRM form Filter qualification issue
                                PAWAN KAUSHIK

it seems i have something in my bucket for you....

So if i am correct then you want to validate whether a user has uploaded attachment for the request or not... If yes then Try the below solution:-

1. Write filrst filter workflow on Submit, 300 execution order below will be the actions:-

Associated Form:- SRM:Request

Execution :- Submit, Order 300

Run-If:- 'TitleFromSRD' = "YourSRDName"

Action:- Set Field from SRD:MultipleQuestionResponse

Set Field Qualification:- $instanceID$ (From SRM:Request)='SRInstanceID'(From Multiple Question Response form) AND                                                                  'QuestionText' LIKE "%QuestionLabel%"

Set Field Mapping:- SR Type Field 11 = Answer In Char

2. Now Write second  filter on SRM:Request on Execution Order 301 and pur your Run-If qual to check SR Type FIeld and attachments are not NULL.

Add Error Message

Give a try to above solution and let us know if this works for you..