9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2020 3:44 PM by Christine Pimblett

Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks

Christine Pimblett
      Share This:

Hi. I am working with a client to scheduled their preventative maintenance tickets. All had been going well for the weekly and monthly tickets. We ran into a snag with the 90 day tickets in that they don't trigger. I can reproduce it in production 2019.03 and test 2020.01. If I change it to 12 weeks instead, it runs no problem and generates the ticket appropriately. Is this a bug or limitation or as designed? I did not see anything documented so thought I would ask in this forum. Thanks!

-Christine

• 1. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
          Cris Coffey

Sounds strange Christine. Maybe someone else has some insight here. This might require a support ticket to figure out.

• 2. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
            Christine Pimblett

Yes, I think so. Now one of their 12 week scheduled tickets is firing weekly. I set it every 84 days instead but this would be the reverse of the other scheduled ticket interval issue.  I wonder if there is a timekeeping issue or setting on the app server that needs to be reconfigured?

• 3. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
              Ken Soszka

Hi Cris and Christine,

This post and discussion might shed some light. Based on design, I don't think it's possible to schedule using "days" for anything more than 28, or 29 on leap year:

Track-It! 20.xx Troubleshooting 101:Schedule Jobs for daily intervals

Hope that helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
                Christine Pimblett

Hi Ken. Good to hear from you. I remember you sharing this doc with us but had stowed it away because at the time, we weren't going to do scheduled tickets for preventative maintenance items.  Sounds like we will need to do weeks for anything above 28 days.

• 5. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
                  Ken Soszka

Thanks, hope all is well with you too!

• 6. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
                    Christine Pimblett

I ended up putting a case in the other week and senior engineers at BMC are still analyzing so it is likely a bug as even after adjusting and making sure we did not go over 28 days for tickets on a daily interval, we are having issues with weekly tickets set to a 12-week interval as well as three new scheduled tickets set to run annually (52 weeks) that ran correctly last week then fired again this week.

• 7. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
                      Ken Soszka

Good to know. Thanks for the update!

• 8. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
                        Christine Pimblett

Looks like a defect in early analysis per below email I received today when I asked for a status on the case:

We are working on this issue in house with our senior technicians.

We are suspecting this could be a defect but still too early to commit such so when we make any progress on this i will let you know.

• 9. Re: Scheduled Tickets Days vs. Weeks
                          Christine Pimblett

Confirmed today to be a defect.

As part of working on this support Case with you, we have confirmed that the issue you are experiencing is the result of a defect in the product itself. Since this is now a confirmed defect, I'd like to share the process of getting from here to a resolution.

At this point, your issue will be transferred from the current Support Case handled by our Support team to a new Defect Record that is handled by our Product Management and Development teams.  With the Defect Record now taking ownership of your issue, we'll be closing out the Support Case. Please note, that the work on your issue continues from here, we will just be tracking it using the Defect Record as opposed to the Support Case.   Product Management, with the help of Development, will then determine how to best address the defect as part of our future release schedule.  In most cases, defects are addressed in the next release of the product. Once the defect is fixed and the solution is delivered, the Defect Record will be updated and you will be automatically emailed to make you aware that a fix is available.

For future reference the defect’s record ID is DRZOZ-19014. 

You can check for progress on the defect resolution by accessing this Support Case record at https://www.bmc.com/support/support-central.html and scrolling to the "Defects/RFEs/CARs" section below the Case details. As we make progress, you can also check in on the Knowledge Article related to this defect. Work around details may be refined as we further investigate the issue.

Thank you again for your help in identifying this defect. Knowing that the work will be carried forward on the Defect Record, may I have your permission to close out the case? Again, please know that even though the Support Case will be closed, the Defect Record, and its link to the Case, will remain open until the issue is resolved.