1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2020 12:14 PM by Sidhdesh Punaskar

Smart IT Provider Action example

Paul Bastin
      Share This:

Good morning,

Can anyone assist in providing an example of a provider action in Smart IT?

What's confusing me is how the actions relate to the filters.

I created a filter that sets the HPD:Help Desk form field "Reported Source" to "Fax". It is set to execute on "Service" and has no other run qualifications.

I created a template in SMT:SmartIT_Provider Action Template Configuration called Test. Source form is set to HPD:Help Desk and data source is "incident". It has a single Input mapping of "Reported Source".

I created a provider action in Smart IT, using the "Test" template I had created. Availability mode is set to "Both".

This is where I get confused. How do I trigger the filter I've created from this point? It asks for input mappings, what am I supposed to enter here?

If I were to remove the input from the template, I can't use the template at all. If I were to use output instead, it asks me to map to a list of fields on the Smart IT ticket.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could go through step by step how to make a working provider action, doesn't matter what it does, just so long as I can see it working.

Thanks again for your time!

1 2 Previous Next