3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2020 4:40 AM by Sinisa Mikor

Schedule end date take epoch time

Aakanksha Singh
      Share This:

Hi All,

I have written a workflow which parses the email body and places the value of scheduled end date and scheduled start date mentioned in the email body into a temp field, from their I push the value into scheduled end date field in change form.

Now the issue is "Scheduled Start date" takes correct value ( for ex : 2020-04-01 01:00:02) but "Scheduled End Date" takes values as 1970-01-01 01:00:02, whereas the value provided was 2020-05-01 01:00:02.

Also, while parsing it takes correct value which is given in email body, only while pushing it into change interface create form, it takes the wrong value.

Any suggestions what could be going wrong here?

• 1. Re: Schedule end date take epoch time
          Sinisa Mikor

Hi Aakanksha,

it looks like only time part is coming through; you did mention that everything looks correct until attempting to push value into interface form, which is normally able to handle both date and time, so did you use Time instead of Date/Time temporary field as source in that action?  If you replace that mapping with constant (e. g. 2020-05-01 01:00:02) does it end up being correct in change form?

• 2. Re: Schedule end date take epoch time
            Aakanksha Singh

Hi Sinisa,

It is Date/Time field, I tested once again with value Start Date and Time: 2020-04-07 00:00:00 End Date and Time: 2020-04-08 00:00:00 but the value pushed for scheduled end date ="1970-01-01 01:33:40", for scheduled start date is took correct value. Issue occurs with end date only,

The temp field which I used is character, however I tried with date/time, same issue happens with that datatype as well.

• 3. Re: Schedule end date take epoch time
              Sinisa Mikor

I assume your description stems from feeding your parser with mentioned data and observing workflow's behavior via logs; if you modify mapping for Scheduled End Date so that it becomes static (e. g. "2020-04-08 00:00:00") instead of variable (e. g. $temp End Date$), does value in Scheduled End Date still end up being beginning of epoch offset by some (possibly current) time?  If it does, it probably gets mangled by workflow in destination form (normally, it would be possible that there is mismatch between format of source and destination value, but you've pretty much determined that it isn't in this case) so if you haven't already, trace what is going on with Scheduled End Date beyond Push Fields action you've been mentioning; if necessary, insert Message action at the beginning of modify (filter) workflow on destination form to verify value of Scheduled End Date received from Push Fields action.