4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2020 8:58 AM by George Lau

new day scheduling

niharika reddy
      Share This:

in Control M: we have new day start on 10:00 am. I want to schedule the job on friday from 7:00am to 16:00pm.

Could you please suggest how can i do this?
      tried to schedule on Thursday:- but giving issue it is running on thursday from 10:30 to 16:00pm and on friday 7:00 am to 10:00am. hoe wto restrict run on thursday and i want to run on friday

• 1. Re: new day scheduling
          Mun Keong Lee

Hi Niharika

The 16:00 pm requirement makes it more complicated. Without 16:00 pm requirement, you can do this:

From time: 7:00 am

To time: Allow submission past next New Day

Remember to set Keep Active to at least 1 day or else the job will be removed after the new day it's still waiting.

With 16:00 pm, my solution is to make use of a dummy job as a predecessor to the actual job.

In dummy job:

From time: 7:00am

To Time: Allow submission past next New Day

In actual job:

From time: <empty>

To time: 16:00 pm

Make sure the condition from the dummy job is "AND" with the existing condition.

Regards,

MK

• 2. Re: new day scheduling
            niharika reddy

But dummy job runs from 10:00am to 16:00 on Thursday right which in turn submits main job. so main job will run on Thursday which should not be as per requirement. It should run only on friday from 7:00am to 16:00

present doing 2 schedules

1 job runs from 7:00am to 10:00am

2 job runs from 10:30am to 16:00

• 3. Re: new day scheduling
              Mun Keong Lee

Hi Niharika

Please go through my reply once more. The dummy job can only run after 7am. 

• 4. Re: new day scheduling
                George Lau

From time = 0700

To time = 1600

When New Day time is 1000, effectively job submission window is

between 1000 and 1600 plus between 0700 and 1000 of job Order Date

For your requirement, set MAXWAIT (or Keep Active) = 1

When IN condition exists around 0700 of ODATE and before 1600 of ODATE+1, this will work as expected.

Two concerns of this setup:

1) Job should not run between 1000 and 1600 of ODATE. This likely is not a concern as predecessor job providing condition may not have started.

2) Job should not run between 0700 and 1000 of ODATE+1. If IN condition exists after 1600 of ODATE+1, job will start at 0700 next morning. Extra effort is required to take care of this concern, either manually or via additional job(s).

1 of 1 people found this helpful