4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2020 6:31 AM by Muhammad Khan

staging form

Muhammad Khan
      Share This:

which of the following steps must be performed prior to loading data through a job defined in the data management job console :

Save the job

Specify the data source

does "Set the status to built" Specify the job's staging form  must be perform prior to loading data through job console or we can do it after loading the data?

• 1. Re: staging form
          Sinisa Mikor

Job's definition, not including files and variables it uses, can be only changed while it is in Draft state; once you set it to Built, you can only modify variables and files used in load step, but otherwise steps, including Atrium Integrator Job, cannot be changed any more.

• 2. Re: staging form
            Muhammad Khan

so

Save the job

specify the date source

specify the job staging form

can only be done before loading data?

• 3. Re: staging form
              Sinisa Mikor

It doesn't really matter in the end because job can be returned to draft state after it has been built and it automatically starts in that state if Create as New Job function is used on another job; one way to look at the whole process is that job can only be (re)structured while in draft phase (this includes adding or modifying included steps, Atrium Integrator Job, and staging forms they will use), and data source (files and variables) can be associated to it at any time before that particular job is run.  Create as New Job is often used to create new instance of job -- Job Details are altered to fit new requirements of new instance while still in draft state because they are locked in built state (if there is any reason to, Step Details are altered as well), then job is (manually) moved to built state, while necessary files are provided and variables are defined at either state.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: staging form
                Muhammad Khan

HI Sinisa .

Thank you for your explanation i completely understand actually my supervisor asked me to search on this question and he says only three is correct:

which of the following steps must be performed prior to loading data through a job defined in the data management job console :

1. Save the job
                2. Specify the data source
                3. Set the status to built"
                4. Specify the job's staging form

which 3 will be correct Sinisa as I believe from your answer all 4 are correct here.

kind regards