2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2020 7:11 AM by Carl Wilson

How to convert SNMP traps to Event in BMC AO/TSO and send those events as create incident request to service now ITSM

Keshav Gupta
      Share This:

Hi Guys,

Am very new to BMC AO platform . We are trying to process SNMP Traps from third party tools to BMC AO and we want to process those snmp traps to events and send those events as create incident to Servicenow.

We have build a workflow in dev studio and we are able to process SNMP Traps from third party tools to BMC AO. And using workflow we are able to put those SNMP traps information to one table (Oracle db).

Now my question is how to convert snmp traps into standard event and use all event correlation/deduplication policies and process those events and send those event as create incident request to Service now.  Please help me in guiding next how we should process those traps which we captured into table and make it as a standard event and send these events to service now for create incident.

We are using below versions of BMC AO/TSO.

BAO/TSO Version(Dev Studio version ?): 8.0.01
      Content Version: 20.19.02

RSSO Version (If External): Embedded RSSO
      Total no. of Peers: 2 (Planning to add one more, i.e. AP)
      Type of Peers: CDP(Running), HACDP(Running)
      Database type and version ( : Temporarily added oracle DB.
      Operating System: Linux

Am able to create incident to my personal developer service now instance using Service now actor adapter but that is just manually inserting the input event as sample xml. But i want to process the SNMP traps which we have extracted and insert in to a table.

I see there are some module related to event management and also a BMC event manager adapter. But am not able to understand how to use BMC Event Manager adapter which we captured some data in a table and and create events for the data we captured and inserted in a table and send those events to service now create incident request.

Thanks,

Keshav Gupta