Have you analyzed the logs (filter, api, sql and active link) to understand what is going on? If you haven't done that yet, can you do it to see this possible timeout?
Create the issued scenario on PROD and a work scenario on TST and compare it.
I did capture the API/SQL/Filter logs on prod and could not see the Timeout being captured,I did this using AR System User preference form and could not find anything in regards to error/timeout.
Will try capturing the logs on TST Environment and see if i find anything out of it.
If anything comes in with regards to this issue kindly share it accordingly.
Turn on the logs on AR Administration form instead of AR System User Prefs.
Use the link below to turn on/off the logs on admin form.
2 of 2 people found this helpful
The error you are seeing is the client stating that it's done waiting on the server. In Mid-Tier, that timeout is 120 seconds. When looking at the server side logs you won't be looking for an error, you will be looking for the start and end time of the transaction that the client kicked off and looking for why an update to the People record took > 120 seconds...the api/sql logs won't contain an error.
What is the best way to debug this issue if the logs wont capture the details of delay/timeout?
Kindly update me with any of the work around to proceed on this resolution.
As mentioned in above responses, the error itself will not be there in the logs. But the activities done are all tracked. So enable logs and see which activity/query is taking a lot of time. You may consider using the log-analyser tool which comes in handy in such cases. Also see if there are any other errors there on logs that may be leading to the delay. like ERROR (90): Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System server;
Thanks for the replies.
We have cross verified the Licenses allocated and we could see we have exhausted the Fixed license which gives the error.
We are fine with allocating Floating license for this user as of now.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I don't think information mentioned in the answer (allocated license count and stuff) and the actual issue (Timeout during database update) are totally relevant.
The error message implies that server did not respond the operation withing a time (defined at client level) and most of time it happens when server is too busy in performing number of operations at the same time, overloaded with the data with insufficient resources or dealing with incorrect configuration parameters. It says you are facing performance issues.