4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2020 3:19 PM by Sinisa Mikor

When defining success criteria on the Results tab of a process, which operator has higher precedence?

Greg Michael
      Share This:

I'm trying to create a success criteria definition for a subprocess call within a workflow. The subprocess has 3 outputs that are all required. As a means of showing the Operator (in the operator control panel) that the subprocess call failed beyond it going into compensation if one of the required outputs is not available, I'm defining the success criteria in the parent workflow on the results tab of the subprocess call.

The criteria logically works out like this: ( Context Item A = "abc" OR Context Item A = "def") AND Context Item B = "ghi" AND Context Item C != 0.

The way I've defined the success criteria in the results tab has both the Context Item A values first and second with the OR operator between them, and then the Context Item B and Context Item C values with the AND operator between them.

Context Item A

OR

Context Item A

AND

Context Item B

AND

Context Item C

Does it actually matter what order the Operators are listed? Should the AND comparisons be listed first and second followed by the OR comparisons? Or should the OR comparisons be listed first and second, followed by the AND comparisons?