1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 14, 2020 2:03 PM by Gilles Robert

Can I Customize Mainview for CICS Screen to Filter out Multiple Tasks that have no common relationship

Chris Forzaglia
      Share This:

Let's say I want to filter out AAAA's and ZZZZ's but not BBBB's and 1234's

COMMAND  ===> cust       

CURR WIN ===> 1        ALT

>W1 =TASK=============(ALL

CMD Task  Target   S Tran

---  ID            t  ID 

4 CACQM1   S AAAA

5 CACQM1   S BBBB

6 CACQM1   S 1234

7 CACQM1   S ZZZZ

The help for Filter says, "You can define up to eight filters for a view."

But I only see one Row of Filtering in Option 'L'

--------------< Filter  -   column: F   element: T1TRANID        >-------------

Filter condition   => F = AAAA

I need to say F = AAAA or ZZZZ but I don't know the Syntax

• 1. Re: Can I Customize Mainview for CICS Screen to Filter out Multiple Tasks that have no common relationship
          Gilles Robert

Hello Chris,

1. The limit of 8 for filters is in the sense of when the filters are used as positional parameters to the View.
            For example out of the box TASK as 6 filters (which must 6 different element) that are parameters to the View (option P will show them when in CUSTOM).
            This allows the invocation of the View with parameters. If you type TASK * AA* then the result will be filtered by TRAN name that start with the AA*
            This is what the option P look like out of the box for View TASKCUSTom in TASK(MVCICS).jpg
          2. To allow this type of freedom for filtering use the WHERE command. It is saved as part of the View customization if you need to save it as part as a customized View either by entering before you invoke the CUSTOM command or by way of option P after. Also be mindful that WHERE supersede any FILTERS you may already have so keep those in mind if you do a WHERE command. Check the HELP for WHERE as you can use AND, OR, IN, NOT IN etc...

Here is an example with WHERE T1TRANID IN (B*,J*)
            Before the Where.jpg

After the Where.jpg

Hope this help, Gilles