8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2020 6:43 PM by Richard Rowe

Question about Business Rules Fields

Jay Wolcott
      Share This:

I'm trying to configure the Business Rules Notifications but I'm having problems trying to figure out which FIELDS I need to add to get the right information.  When a ticket gets closed I want an email sent to the technicians that include the following information from the ticket:

• Ticket Notes - Ticket Resolution
      • Ticket Notes - Ticket Description
      • Ticket Notes - Technician Note

TrackIt Notes.jpg

TrackIt Ticket.jpg

I can't seem to find the correct field for these when editing the Business Rule notification:

TrackIt Fields.jpg

Anyone know what the fields are for the three I need?  Anywhere we can find a good list of what Field matches the actual fields in Track-IT? 

• 1. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
          Cris Coffey

Hey Jay, scroll down to the bottom of the list of fields and you should see the TICKETLastNote, TICKETResolutionNote and TICKETAllNotes options. Typically if you want to see the Description, Technician Notes and Resolution, you would just include the AllNotes one since there coudl be multiple Descriptions, Notes and Resolutions depending on what the Technician selected at the time of entry.

• 2. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
            Jay Wolcott

Not working.  This is what I have for my Notification Details:

Ticket [Ticket-{Ticket - Ticket ID}] has been closed by {LOGGEDINTECH}

<br />

<b>Requestor: </b> {Ticket - Requestor}

<b>Phone: </b> {Ticket - Requestor Phone}

<b>Requestor E-mail: </b> {Ticket - Requestor Email Address}

<br />

<b>ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:</b>

{Ticket - Additional Information}

<br />

<b>SUMMARY:</b>

{Ticket - Ticket Summary}

<br />

<b>DESCRIPTION:</b>

{TICKETALLNOTES}

<br />

<b>RESOLUTION:</b>

{TICKETRESOLUTIONNOTE}

<br />

As you can see from the ticket in original post, there are several notes in those fields.  When I receive the closed email it doesn't have any of the information from those fields included in the email notification:

TrackIt Closed Email.jpg

• 3. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
              Cris Coffey

Then something else is wrong. Its not the same ticket or there are other conditions in the rule making it fire on a different ticket or there are multiple rules firing when the ticket is closed. Something is not right. The format you have there should absolutely work. You may need to work with support to determine what is going on there.

• 4. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
                Jay Wolcott

Is there somewhere on this site that lists what each field is?  The toughest thing I have is trying to figure out what field is supposed to be for which part of TrackIt. 

• 5. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
                  Cris Coffey

They should all be fairly self explanatory since we show the field as it appears on your ticket form, not the raw field name in the database. For example, here is a screenshot of the fields in the field picker for the email part of the business rule below. Are there fields you are having trouble finding?

• 6. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
                    Jay Wolcott

Okay, you say they are "fairly self explanatory since we show the field as it appears on your ticket form".  I don't see it that way.  I asked you for what the fields are for just the following fields:

You're response is "TICKETLastNote, TICKETResolutionNote and TICKETAllNotes".  I can see that TICKETResolutionNote should match to Ticket Notes - Ticket Resolution, but I don't see which ones are match Ticket Notes - Ticket Description or Ticket Notes - Technician Note.  This is why providing a list of would be very helpful.  What makes it more frustrating is transitioning from the old version and NOTHING is compatible so you have to basically start from scratch on all the Rules. 

• 7. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
                      Cris Coffey

Sorry, to clarify, the Ticket Notes ones I mentioned are the only ones that don’t appear in that list with the names they have on the screen and that is because of all the custom activity codes that can possibly be used/added by a user. The notes fall into 1 of the 3 buckets I explained above. You can get all notes, the latest note, or the resolution. Those are the only options for Notes. All other fields on the ticket form are listed in the drop down exactly as they are named on the screen.

• 8. Re: Question about Business Rules Fields
                        Richard Rowe

Hi Jay

Can you check if your ticket notes are "private" notes?

If so, try changing them to public and test again. I'm sure this will return the information in the email.

You may want to consider omitting {TICKETRESOLUTIONNOTE} as {TICKETALLNOTES} will capture:

However, please note that I do not believe any Private Notes will be returned, only Public Notes.