11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2020 1:06 PM by John Wisdom

Override Owner from Remedyforce Console

Vandana Rattan
      Share This:

Hi,

In Remedyforce when a Service request is logged from Console, it picks up the Owner defined in the templates even if a queue is selected while creating ticket in Console. How can the owner be overridden?

Thanks,

Vandana

• 1. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
          Supriya Ashtekar

Hi Vandana,

Could you please check the setting under General Application settings "Replace form field values with Template field values" is checked, if this is checked then whatever value defined in template get replaced values you entered on form while creating service request

Thanks

Supriya

• 2. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
            Vandana Rattan

Hi Supriya Ashtekar

I have tried disabling this setting but the Owner ID still gets replaced with value mentioned in the template. I have checked and there are no workflow rules or process automation which are causing this to happen. If I remove the Owner ID assignment in template, it behaves the way we like it to. Can you please suggest?

Thanks,

Vandana

• 3. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
              kedar zavar

Yes it will override. The only way would be remove from template.  Then agents can manually assign the queue or just apply the template.  If you set queue in SR template it will always overwrite.

Kedar

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                Vikram Kale

Don't add queue in incident template, and write a workflow with condition as when queue = 'Null'/Default Queue and SR Title = 'ABC' then assign to required queue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                  kedar zavar

That will still trigger every time service

Request applied. So will still populate the queue.

Kedar

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                    Vikram Kale

I think this workflow will trigger and update queue only when queue is blank or queue is default queue when submitted from self service.

You can give a try and check if it works

• 7. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                      Anne Brock

I don't know if this will help - probably not - but on the latest version of Remedyforce (released yesterday) the autoassignment will happen on edit as well as create - maybe that can override the owner from the template?

"

Auto assignment of staff when you create or update a record

Administrators can enable the Staff Auto Assignment functionality for an updated incident or a service request record. The enhancement is applicable when a record is updated, and the Staff field is kept blank. Earlier the auto assignment worked only for created records."

• 8. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                        John Wisdom

In order to assign a specific queue when the request is created via self service, while allowing for a use case of any queue being assigned via Remedyforce Console, remove the queue designation in the template and create the following workflow rule (where the service request title in question - in this example = “General Service Request”). The field update it calls specifies the Owner as ‘QUEUE = whatever queue you want the tickets to go to by default’.

Hope this helps.

• 9. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                          Eric Cobb

Hi Vadana,

If you do not want the queue to automatically set from the console, then you will need to remove it from the template associated to this particular Service Request. That will solve the issue you are having.

As far as populating it manually, they will select the appropriate queue while in the record in the console, with the assumption that you have the Staff and Queue Assignment field set on the appropriate layout for the Service Request console.

As far as the other replies, I'm confused as to what it is you are trying to accomplish. Is it that the queue is being auto assigned or is it that you do not want it assigned automatically and want to assign during creation on the console.

Let me know if we can assist further

Eric J Cobb

Oceanforce Solutions

ecobb@oceanforcesolutions.com

• 10. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                            Mike Leveiller

Vadana,   I guess the question i have is WHY would you need to change the Owner in the first place? Reason I say this is because, if the SRD has a queue setup in the Template as the 'Service Provider' then these are the people (or the queue) responsible to provide the service in the first place so there really is no reason to 're-assign' the ticket to another queue. I know your question is to find out if it's possible and all the responses to your question are defining ways to do so but at the end of the day, if your Admin set up the SRD with a default Queue, its most likely because these are the people responsible to provide that service. Just an observation. :)

• 11. Re: Override Owner from Remedyforce Console
                              John Wisdom

Hello Mike

I’m not speaking for Vandana but am aware of a couple of business use cases for this. The first is this; You want to differentiate between break/fix and request fulfillment work but do not have service requests developed for all of the services you provide in production. Whilst these requests are in the pipeline you have a ‘General Service Request’ you direct customers to. It merely requires a description and a category. Rather than assign a default queue in the template you have rules set up to assign the queue based on the category. In addition, as you may not have a rule for every category, you have one queue that these other requests go to, say the service desk, so that they can be escalated accordingly.

A second; a shared services manager has several queues under her. Each has several services they own. Rather than have multiple service requests her customers would navigate, she has us build one shared service request. Her customers pick a category and then populates the conditional input values based on the defined criteria. Workflow rules fire on submit and assigns the proper queue accordingly.

If the queue is specified in the template in either of these cases you will not be able to override the assignment and get the request to the proper fulfiller.

There may be other examples but these are two I am aware of.