5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2020 10:24 AM by Matt Smith

How to extract KB-articles in HTML-format?

Suvi Konola
      Share This:

Is it possible to extract Remedyforce Knowledge Articles in HTML-format? Especially the images added to the individual Rich Text fields would be of interest.

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: How to extract KB-articles in HTML-format?
          Matt Smith

Hi Suvi,

Could you please let me know the wider requirement here? e.g. what are you trying to achieve by extracting the HTML? I'll have a think in the meantime, but your specific use case will be useful so I can see if there are any other options available.

Thanks,

Matt

AiM Ltd.

• 2. Re: How to extract KB-articles in HTML-format?
            Suvi Konola

Hi Matt,

well in the end I was able to pull the KBAs in HTML-format with Data Loader - actually that was the easy part. Getting the data to show up properly in the excel was more of a challenge.

The question that I currently have (in BMC support) is where the enbedded pictures in the articles's Rich Text -fields are truly stored. They appear as links in the HTML-code. There also might be some difference how browsers behave when creating a KBA and adding pictures to text, and I'd like to know if this has any difference on where the pictures are stored.

The business case is that customer is moving to another product and wants to take the KBAs with them as they currently are.

-Suvi

• 3. Re: How to extract KB-articles in HTML-format?
              Joshua Lenning

One thing we would like is to create backup copies of KBAs in the event Salesforce is unavailable. Either manually or automatically sync KBAs to something like Sharepoint or OneDrive.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to extract KB-articles in HTML-format?
                Matt Smith

Thanks Suvi,

I'll have a think and get back to you.

Best regards,

Matt

AiM Ltd.

• 5. Re: How to extract KB-articles in HTML-format?
                  Matt Smith

Hi Joshua,

You're probably better to start a new thread (more likely people will see your requirement and advise).

My opinion on this is that Salesforce is so very rarely down that it's not (again in my opinion) worth investing too much time in making KBAs available remotely. But naturally it is likely worth it to you hence your message!

I don't know of a solution to sync them to sharepoint etc. But another option that AiM (my consultancy) has done before is to use Remedyforce as a "virtual" knowledge base that acts as a link to KBAs stored elsewhere. So, the documents are hosted on Sharepoint (for example) and the Remedyforce KBAs still exist but they simply contain a high level summary and a link to the Sharepoint article.

But you'd also have to consider about Sharepoint "being down" of course!

Best regards,

Matt

AiM Ltd.

2 of 2 people found this helpful