4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2020 7:10 PM by Mun Keong Lee

delete all folders

oussama MAIZI
      Share This:

Hello Team,

I wanted to delete all jobs and folders from a controlm server, I used deldef job, it allowed me to delete all jobs but I still find the folders, can you tell me how I can delete all folders at the same time?

Thank you

• 1. Re: delete all folders
          Mark Francome

In Tools, go to Planning and select Folders. From the displayed Folder Manager, select Folder tp be deleted and click Delete (and confirm). Note that some CM Admins will hold back the right to delete a folder (in this case you will see an error displayed).

Also consider using the ctmsweep utility, it is a better way to manage large scale deletions.

• 2. Re: delete all folders
            oussama MAIZI

hello mark,

thank you for your answer, otherwise I misspoke, what I want is to delete the definitions of folders on the  Entreprise Manager , there is no command that can do that on the manager company like deldefjob?

• 3. Re: delete all folders
              Mark Francome

There is no equivalent command for folders. If the ctmsweep is not what you need then the ctmpsm command (runs on the Control-M Server) can be run interactively or from the command line.

• 4. Re: delete all folders
                Mun Keong Lee

Hi Oussama

You can make use of the cli command on the EM server to delete folder. On Unix, you have to add the em prefix before typing cli.

"em cli" will show you the usage of this command. For deleting folder, you can use:

em cli -U <em user>  -P <password>  -H <em hostname> -FOLDER_DELETE <Control-M name> <folder name> Delete

Regards,

MK