2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2020 12:14 PM by Harshavardhana HC

How to find the value that determines the number of days a condition is retained in control-M server

Harshavardhana HC
      Share This:

Hi,

I have a job that runs 3 times in a month and it should check if the previous execution of the job is OK.

I have to know what is the default value that determines the number of days a job's condition is retained in the server DB.

How to check it ?

and how to change it if it is less than 10 days.

also if there is an alternate method to achieve this I'd be happy to know.

Thank you in Advance,

Harshavardhana

• 1. Re: How to find the value that determines the number of days a condition is retained in control-M server
          Mark Francome

Actually, if left to default values, Control-M only automatically deletes conditions when they hit an age of 1 year old (conditions don't have the year specified as part of the date stamp, therefore jobs might get wrongly triggered by an input condition that is 365 days old). Check out "Automatic prerequisite condition cleanup" in the help section.

What usually happen is that the Control-M Admin will run a job on the Control-M Server using the ctmcontb utility to delete conditions older than 'x' days. It is good practice to cleanup your conditions anyway (i.e. in the dependent job), but ctmcontb often catches a range of forgotten conditions. There are ways around the ctmcontb deletion (e.g. by using "STAT" in place of the date stamp) so you can still use it the cleanup and keep selected old conditions.

First thing to do is verify if you have a ctmcontb job.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to find the value that determines the number of days a condition is retained in control-M server
            Harshavardhana HC

Hi Mark Francome,

Thank you for your response, I did have a check in our Environment and found that the "the Ignore New Day Conditions system parameter is set to N" which is the Default.

I checked in Tools/Conditions and found that conditions that are newer than 5th December as of today ie 13th Jan 2020 are available in Control-M DB and the Conditions older than that are no more available. ie Conditions that are older than 32 Days Apprx. Is there a way to Check where this is configured ?

I also did a check to see if there is any job that Runs ctmcontb utility but it doesn't exist.

Please help.