13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2020 11:14 AM by Angie Deetz

Auto Assign to Queue/Staff

Gary Jackson
      Share This:

OK so as you can gather from my previous posts I am fairly new to remedy admin so please bear with me.

Im trying to setup a simple auto assignment. our Incidents all come into a queue called 'IT Unassigned' what I now need to happen is below

• our admin person assess the incident and assigns the basic info (catergory, priority, urgency etc.)
      • they also then set the status to 'ACCEPTED'
      • once the incident is set to ACCEPTED I would like it to assign the queue of IT FIRST LINE SUPPORT
      • Once it is in this queue, I then would like it to auto assign out to Staff member A, B, C etc.

so what I have done is set up a Queue assignment rule (below) where STATUS = ACCEPTED and Queue = IT_Unassigned with Queue set to IT First Line Support

I have also setup Staff auto assignment (and it is enabled and running)

but when I go into a incident (on the IT_Unassigned queue) and set the status to ACCEPTED it takes the Queue out and auto assigned to Me when I am not in the assigned users above?

if i get this to work will my auto assign work on the new queue  'IT First Line Support'

many thanks for any help in advance

Gary