5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2020 8:00 AM by Paul Meaders

TrueSight Server Automation Console on Windows 7

Paul Meaders
      Share This:

Is it possible to install the Server Automation console on a Windows 7 workstation.  When I try running the install I get a message that supported platforms only support Windows 8 and beyond.  I know with the agents it is possible to add an MSI parameter to skip the platform check.  Is there a similar option for installing the console.

Paul

• 1. Re: TrueSight Server Automation Console on Windows 7
          Bill Robinson

i looked around a bit and there's a way to skip the msvc checks but i couldn't fine a way to skip any platform checks... what message do you get when you try to install...

and also...why ? because windows 7 is eol pretty soon...

• 2. Re: TrueSight Server Automation Console on Windows 7
            Scott Rabinow

Bill,

This may be a little shocking, but BL admins don't often control the corporate migration to new desktops operating systems...  For example, my 400 odd users are entirely on Win 7 desktops so far, and for a few more months, at least.

Is this an issue for the latest SP?  We are on 8.9 SP2 so far, and that is quite friendly with Win 7...  We are planning an upgrade to SP4 to get Windows Server 2019 support, but this will be a huge roadblock if the client for this SP requires Win 8 or later.

• 3. Re: TrueSight Server Automation Console on Windows 7
              Christopher Miller

Hi All,

Windows 7 console install works OK for us (we do not get message about supported platforms):

We have had no issues installing 8.9.00 or 8.9.04 Server Automation console on Windows 7 workstations. 
                (we are a large corporation with hundreds of Server Automation console users, using both Windows 7 and Windows 10 desktops).

e.g. SP4 console version 8.9.04.200   (use same options for 8.9.00.136)

Windows 7 desktop - install command line:
              32 bit : TSSACONSOLE89-SP4-WIN32.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<abs_path>\Silent_Install.txt
              64 bit : TSSACONSOLE89-SP4-WIN64.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=<abs_path>\Silent_Install.txt
              Silent_Install.txt options file:
              -P installLocation=C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic
              -A featureClientUtilities
              -A featureNetworkShell
              -A featureConfigurationManagerConsole

and then set other post install settings like "Run as Admin" : C:\Program Files\BMC Software\BladeLogic\CM\rcp\BSAClient.exe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: TrueSight Server Automation Console on Windows 7
                Bill Robinson

Paul Meaders what error are you getting ?

i just installed 8.9.04 p3 on a windows 7 system w/o any issue or special flags.

• 5. Re: TrueSight Server Automation Console on Windows 7
                  Paul Meaders

My apologies, I forgot to update this post.  My co-worker tried to install the console using the binaries from another workstation.  It worked for them, so I am not sure what was different.  However the issue is resolved.

Paul