5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2020 6:18 AM by Kevin Joyce

BMC TCO Client Installation - Unix Server

Manish Singh
      Share This:

Hello All,

I have a couple of Linux Server (14) on which firewall is enabled, but BMC TCO port (10128 and 6768) is listening.

In which I can see 5 Servers are still not reporting to BMC TCO Console, What could be possible reason and best way to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks in Advance!!

Regards,

Manish Singh

• 1. Re: BMC TCO Client Installation - Unix Server
          Dima Seliverstov

I would suggest enabling GeneralManagerLite on the console, which will tell you the root cause as well as the possible solutions based on the error codes received from the nodes.

Trending in Support: BPA General Manager Lite

The following KA lists the possible causes as well as solutions of a variety of problems that GeneralManagerLite would show.

TSCO Gateway Manager (BPA General Manager) Error codes and remediation suggestions

• 2. Re: BMC TCO Client Installation - Unix Server
            Kevin Joyce

Hi Manish,

if you are attempting to collect data from systems that may have a firewall between them and the Gateway server you will need to open the communication ports on the firewall. Below is a link to a knowledge base article with the port details:

What network ports are required for the Gateway Server console managing console and remote agents to communicate?

You will want to focus on the module column that mentions either Collect/Manager or Manager. This will show you the ports which need to be opened in the firewall.

If there are still issues with data collection after reviewing and implementing the suggestions in this post and Dima's post, you will likely need to open a support case to proceed.

• 3. Re: BMC TCO Client Installation - Unix Server
              Manish Singh

Hi Kevin,

On the Gateway Server -  Apart from 40000 and 30000, All other port are in LISTENING state.

• 4. Re: BMC TCO Client Installation - Unix Server
                Manish Singh

Just an obersvation, On the not working Server I have seen that No process is running for bgsioconfigcollect and Once it start running data is gathered into BMC TCO Console.

Can anyone please guide how I can make this running.

Working Server Out of ps -ef | grep bgs

perform   2033     1  0  2019 ?        00:00:06 /etc/bgs/SD/bgssd.exe -d /etc/bgs/SD -s

perform  10340 35965  0 04:25 pts/2    00:00:00 grep --color=auto bgs

perform  13429     1  0  2019 ?        00:46:09 /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00/bgs/bin/bgsagent -b /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00 -a 6767 -d 6768 -u SYSTEM -i A.B.C.D

perform  13431 13429  0  2019 ?        04:39:29 bgscollect -I noInstance -B /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00

perform  13432 13429  0  2019 ?        00:06:30 bgsioconfigcollect -I noInstance -B /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00

Not working Server Out of ps -ef | grep bgs

perform   3435 54891  0 04:26 pts/0    00:00:00 grep --color=auto bgs

perform   4474     1  0 Jan02 ?        00:03:06 /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00/bgs/bin/bg agent -b /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00 -a 6767 -d 6768 -u perform -i A.B.C.D

perform   4769  4474  0 Jan02 ?        00:43:52 bgscollect -I noInstance -B /usr/adm/best1_11.0.00

perform  60481     1  0 Jan02 ?        00:00:00 /etc/bgs/SD/bgssd.exe -d /etc/bgs/SD -s

Kindly suggest.

• 5. Re: BMC TCO Client Installation - Unix Server
                  Kevin Joyce

Hi Manish,

as suggested in my post yesterday this should be logged in a support case. That is going to get the fastest resolution to the issue.

From the output in your post a collector is running on the server you are indicating there is a problem.

When logging the support case you should include:

- the output from ps

- output from "best1collect -Q" on the problem server

- all the logs from the problem agent server from the /usr/adm/best1_default/bgs/log directory

Thanks