7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2020 12:04 PM by Nicolas Roome

How to remove a system administrator?

Conrad Simpson
      Share This:

We have a System Administrator who has left our employ. Is there a way to remove him from the Assignees lists? Is there a SQL query that will do this? This question was asked some 6 years ago and never answered.

• 1. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
          Cristy Castano

Do you need to remove the user account or just the Role that has been assigned to this user?

Also, if you remove container access to all the workspace, that user account should no longer appear in the lists...

• 2. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
            Conrad Simpson

We need to remove his user account which is associated with numerous work spaces. I attempted to remove the associations in his account and change his account from System Administrator to Customer. The system wouldn't allow this, the error said he was in the Assignee's list for several work spaces.

Thank you,

Conrad

• 3. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
              Cristy Castano

Have you tried to remove his container access first, without changing his role? Also, remove him from any team memberships.

I would run a search to see if there are tickets assigned to him as well so that you can reassign this out before you remove him.

• 4. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
                Conrad Simpson

Yes, I have removed his container access but it won't let me save it even as System Administrator. I did find a couple of tickets he was a secondary assignee, fixed them. I also found a couple of Business Rules that had his name buried in them, fixed them but this is a work space that our customers use so I'll have to wait till after hours to publish it.

Thank you,

Conrad

• 5. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
                  Vern Meyer

Do you have a requirement to maintain the account? I'd just delete the account.

I wish that footprints would consider the lifecycle events when removing personnel from containers. Otherwise, you'll have to clear the assignee fields upon closure to be able to remove folks from that container.

• 6. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
                    Conrad Simpson

I have deleted his account. Will this remove any reference to him in containers or work spaces? I am with you about removing users. We came to FootPrints from TrackIt!, they have a fairly simple process that involves running a SQL query for removing both users and technicians. I will monitor to see if we stop receiving the ticket processing errors and let you know.

Thanks,

Conrad

• 7. Re: How to remove a system administrator?
                      Nicolas Roome

Deleting the user will not remove the assignments. He will show up as 'username (deleted)' in assignee fields.

If you want to clean those up, you can do that via SQL as well (will require a Tomcat restart to take effect).

The trick is obviously crafting the query.

Try this:

select * from fpscdb001_system.asgnmt where app_user_id in

(select app_user_id from fpscdb001_system.app_user where delete_date is not null and

user_login = '')

Obviously change the select to a delete when you're ready to execute and verify the table name. You may have a 'fpdb' schema instead of the older (pre 12.1.07 as I recall) 'fpscdb' and you may not be an '001' if you've done a few botched installs against the same DB.