1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2020 12:11 PM by michele domb

Control-M Calendars

Neil Williams
      Share This:

Afternoon

We are in the process of upgrading a client from V7 to 9.0.19. Until that is done, likely to be around 6 months, we will of course continue to use V7

One issue that has arisen today in V7 is with calendars, the client has tried to amend one of their calendars to add the letter G against the 10th January and remove the letter G from the 17th January. However it will not allow them or me to make this change

We can make changes to the calendars from 1st Jan to today, and can add any letters or numbers we wish, but the calendars are not allowing us to update anything after today

Can anyone please advise why this is and what I can do to fix the problem

I've attached a sctreenshot of one of the calendars

Thanks

• 1. Re: Control-M Calendars
          Mark Francome

When does the G period start (i.e. what is the span of a single period up to today)?

• 2. Re: Control-M Calendars
            Neil Williams

When does what start Mark?, not heard of that before

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

Operations Support Control-M Administrator – Infrastructure and Data Management

M: +44 7733313319

3300 Solihull Parkway – Birmingham Business Park – United Kingdom

atos.net/uk<https://atos.net/uk>

• 3. Re: Control-M Calendars
              Mark Francome

Hi Neil,

Periodic calendars can overlap the end/start of "our" calendar references (i.e. a week, month or year) which is really their point. In v7.0 there was a limit on the duration of 1 single period (this has been rectified in v9.0+). So if your previous period G starts back in spring of 2019 then you might have hit this "feature".

Regards,

Mark.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Control-M Calendars
                Neil Williams

Hi Mark

Thanks

So how do I rectify this please?

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

• 5. Re: Control-M Calendars
                  Neil Williams

The previous G period started May 2019, so we haven’t hit 12 months yet

Another thing I didn’t state yesterday, I cannot change the 10th January to any letter or number at all. I have checked last years calendar and purposely chosen a character that hasn’t been used and attempted to use it and it still won’t work

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

• 6. Re: Control-M Calendars
                    Mark Francome

Hi Neil,

the limitation is not 1 year, it is 255 days. If you count from the start of May 2019 to January 10th you get 255 days exactly.

There is a patch for this -

Does Control-M Server able to support Periodic Calendars that contain more than 255 days for a single period?

• 7. Re: Control-M Calendars
                      Neil Williams

Hi Mark

Would that prevent me from adding another letter that hasn’t been used in the last 255 days?, such as Z?

We’ve never used Z on any periodic calendar, so I tried to use that as a test and it wouldn’t let me assign Z to any future date?

If the limitations are not just set to G, so they affect any letter or number, can you advise what the fix is please?

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

• 8. Re: Control-M Calendars
                        Dirk Lindner

Hi Mark, hi Neil,

we have the same issue with or calendars on th V7.0 environment.

It's not only affecting periodic calancers, it affects all calendars.

We have already Fixpack 6 installed and have the same issue.

We only can change settings for dates before and incl. the current date, but nothing in the future.

We also tried to fix it by restaing the EM - no success.

• 9. Re: Control-M Calendars
                          Neil Williams

Hi Dirk

I deleted all old dates for all calendars, they went back as far as 2012, then restarted EM components and still no joy

We are on latest fix packs for EM and Server

Very baffled by all this, as I said to Mark, I cannot assign any letter or number to future dates, I can change today and going back to the 1st January, but nothing before that and nothing going forward

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

• 10. Re: Control-M Calendars
                            Neil Williams

Also, I created a test calendar for 2020 and I cannot assign anything to that calendar at all from today onwards, so it must be a setting somewhere in the application and not just be about reaching the limit for using a letter or number over a certain period?

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

• 11. Re: Control-M Calendars
                              Neil Williams

Hi Mark

Also, I created a test calendar for 2020 and I cannot assign anything to that calendar at all from today onwards, so it must be a setting somewhere in the application and not just be about reaching the limit for using a letter or number over a certain period?

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

• 12. Re: Control-M Calendars
                                michele domb

We are having the same issue did anyone open a ticket with BMC I am sure they will say upgrade which we have planned.  Makes no sense to have the dates locked for 2020.

Michele Domb

Nielsen/TCS

• 13. Re: Control-M Calendars
                                  Neil Williams

Hi Michele

I raised a ticket with BMC, but as V7 is so far out of support, they were limited with what they could do

We are in the process of upgrading but will take a couple of months, so being able to use calendars in V7 whilst we upgrade is very important

Kind Regards

Neil Williams

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: Control-M Calendars
                                    Mark Francome

This is very strange, but the fact that you have all hit this at the same time makes me think that there is a bug (a y2k+20 bug). There is no parameter to limit calendars, once you have created them they should be ok.

1 2 Previous Next