3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2020 9:32 AM by Laurence Balon

Network outage Event discared

Osama Majeed
      Share This:

Hello Experts

i have one question i have some event in Entuity need to be discarded i don't need this event to be seen any where in Entuity it network outage vlan rang 400-499

the incident details

Port Unreachable: hcipn-Main-SW [ VLAN_440 ] VLAN_440

the vlan range will be from 400-499

• 1. Re: Network outage Event discared
          Laurence Balon

Osama,

This can be achieved fairly easily using the Event Management System and a regular expression. Browse to Administration -> Event Administration. Click on the Rules hyperlink. Create a new Pre-Storage rule.

Assign a name to the rule and change the condition to All Tests Must Succeed:

Port_Unreachable_01.jpg

Click Add in the Condition section to add a test. Select Event Type test and then select Network Outage as the event type:

Port_Unreachable_02.jpg

Add a second condition for Event Attribute. Select reason as the attribute and select matches for the operation. Copy/paste the text below into the value field:

^Port Unreachable.*VLAN_4[0-9][0-9]

The above regular expression will match on Port Unreachable VLAN_ and any value from 400 to 499.

Port_Unreachable_03.jpg

Next, click the Add button in the Action section.Select Discard as the action type. The rule should now look similar to the screenshot below:

Port_Unreachable_04.jpg

The last step is to save and deploy the project.

Larry

• 2. Re: Network outage Event discared
            Osama Majeed

HI Laurence

thanks for your replay

i already did the above as it is but it did not work

• 3. Re: Network outage Event discared
              Laurence Balon

Please open a ticket with Support. I was unable to test this on a live system. However, I tested the regex expression and it matched correctly. Support may be able to turn up the logging level for the log file to see if this rule is working correctly.

Larry