2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2019 9:01 AM by Ryan Wiltshire

Mapping containerized applications

Ryan Wiltshire
      Share This:

How is the community approaching the mapping of containerized applications? Simple docker only deployments and/or deployments to Container platforms such as OpenShift?

• 1. Re: Mapping containerized applications
          Bernard Stern

A few applications are starting to get deployed inside a docker instance. We are using CAM, no SAAM.I wrote a custom docker module, in which I map the docker instance, plus I'm looking in the long args list to grab a meaningful pattern which I then assign as instance to the SI, so I'm having a Custom Docker SI which instance is e.g. Yoxos. I can't tell if this can be generalised, currently I only have 2 such BAIs.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Mapping containerized applications
            Ryan Wiltshire

This makes sense for simple docker deployments. I am also looking at image tags as a source of data to dynamically group SIs.

Containers in container management platforms such as OpenShift are more complicated. These objects likely will exist for a short time and can move about logical hosts. In these cases, the team is looking at the configuration of a deployment more than the actual running docker images. Again, leveraging data like namespaces from the management platform to group resources.