11 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2020 4:58 AM by Carl Wilson

Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy

Raju Mangali
      Share This:

Hi All,

I would like to know how do we login into smart reporting automatically from Remedy custom form.

Suppose I create my own form and I will create a button called "Report Admin" then a user login into Remedy and he/she clicks on Report Admin button then it should directly login into Smart Reporting console using remedy credentials.

I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions/inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raju M

• 1. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
          Sinisa Mikor

Hi Raju,

try using Open Window action in active link associated with your button -- it should work with parameters set as:

Window Type:              Report

Target Location:           New

Data Source                 Server

Server Name                <AR server's name>

Form Name                  Remedy Smart Reporting Console

Report Type                 Remedy Smart Reporting

Report Location           Report Form

Report Name               <String>     DummyFormName

Report Destionation     Screen

• 2. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
            Raju Mangali

Hi Sinisa,

Thank you for responding my requirement. I have already written this active link however it is working fine but in some of the environments we have elb load balancing. In the hosts file we have configured the ip address but this would be changing very frequently and we don't have when it would be changing and without proper address the link Report Admin link is not working.

My requirement is can we hard the credentials from remedy login and login into Smart Reporting automatically when we click on Report Admin button.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Raju M

• 3. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
              Sinisa Mikor

Is dynamically preparing URL when button is pressed and using it in PERFORM-ACTION-OPEN-URL what you are looking for?  You might have to append token valid for current user.

• 4. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                Raju Mangali

Hi Sinisa,

What is the token id I have to use in perform action open url process? Can you please give me the example here if possible?

Regards,

Raju M

• 5. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                  Sinisa Mikor

I haven't really inspected relationship between AR and SR server in depth, but at a glance, it looks like Remedy is contacting ReportServlet on AR server (<AR server>/arsys/servlet/ReportServlet/<some id>), which (presumably) supplies it with token to access SR via <SR server>/onboarding/router.jsp?source=midtier&target=logon&token=<32 hex digits token>.

• 6. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                    Carl Wilson

Hi,

the Open Window > Report Type "Remedy Smart Reporting" triggers internal code to lookup the values from the Mid Tier configuration for Reporting (Report Settings) which sets the correct Server.

When using a Load Balanced environment, if you have configured the Mid Tier to use the Smart Reporting Load Balancer (Report Settings) then your Active Link Open Window should use this configuration and open the correct URL to Smart Reporting.

Cheers

Carl

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                      Raju Mangali

Hi Calr,

Sorry I did not check the message in time.

Thank you for the update, could you give me one example on this case(I am using load balancing)

Regards,

Raju M

• 8. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                        Raju Mangali

Any one is there on this?

Please do let me know how to open/login Smart Reporting URL automatically by passing user and password from Remedy?

Regards,

Raju M

• 9. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                          Carl Wilson

Hi,

As mentioned, the inbuilt functionality works by reading the values from the Mid-Tier configuration when using the "Smart Report" based workflow to launch. 

Have you configured the OOB Smart Reporting functionality (Mid-Tier) to use the Load Balanced address for Smart Reporting, and does this work correctly?

If you have a Load Balanced Mid-Tier configuration, then all you need to do is update the Report settings in each Mid-Tier configuration to point to your Load Balanced Smart Reporting address (for cross launch).

Get this working first, then move on to your custom workflow.

Then when you create your custom workflow to mimic the OOB linking, then all "should" work as expected picking up the Mid-Tier report settings.

If not, post the issue so we can go from there not just another request for details which have been supplied.

Cheers

Carl

• 10. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                            Raju Mangali

Hi Carl,

We have done the configuration as you mentioned here. But still it is not working as expected instead it is giving the below known error message.

We have verified everything and there is no missing configuration and as I mentioned in my previous post the IP addresses have been changing frequently because of this we are not able to login into Smart reporting. Below is the error message when I re-save the report settings in mid-tier.

We need to keep working this even though the IP address is getting changed, any ideas on this please?

Regards,

Raju M

• 11. Re: Login into Smart Reporting automatically from Remedy
                              Carl Wilson

Hi,

you need to stop the IP Addresses from changing, or update the hosts file to point to the correct URL which you can then configure in the Mid-Tier settings.

The error is reporting that the Mid-Tier cannot access the Smart Reporting URL as supplied currently in the settings.

Fix this and you fix the other issue with your Filter redirect.

Cheers

Carl

1 of 1 people found this helpful