1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2019 9:14 PM by Haw Kor

Minimun access requirements for CTM/MFT for a Linux could delete source files

Edison Santos
      Share This:

Hi Guys,

Can somebody explain the minimum requirements of accesses permissions needed on the files and their directories/subdirectories on a Linux environment, to CTM/MFT delete the source files after transmission?

I mean, for the user in a profile:  RWX; RW, RX, R, WX, W, X ??

I have a problem with my environment and it looks like the access permissions needed for the MFT delete the source files are different from the permission on a manual (online) delete.

Regards,

ES

• 1. Re: Minimun access requirements for CTM/MFT for a Linux could delete source files
          Haw Kor

ES,

Linux permissions are displayed as follows when you use ls -l:  --------- where the values can be between --------- or rwxrwxrwx.  The first three spaces represent Owner of the file, the second 3 represent Group and the last three represent everyone else. If the MFT user does not have w then it will not be able to delete the file. So the question is what user owns the file and does the MFT user have write permission as either theOwner/Group/Everyone?

H

1 of 1 people found this helpful