1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 3, 2019 2:10 PM by Brendan Murray

How to Create an MRL rule to put a delay of 5 minutes.

Gourav Mukherjee
      Share This:

How can I create an MRL rule to put a delay of 5 minutes for CPU utilization alerts from BPPM?

ITSM tool I'm using is BMC Remedy.

• 1. Re: How to Create an MRL rule to put a delay of 5 minutes.
          Brendan Murray

Hi Gourav,

Can you provide more information on what you're trying to do? For example, do you want to delay the creation of the alerts themselves or just the creation of the tickets in Remedy?

The solution to your problem will depend on these considerations:

1. What is generating these alerts? Are they coming from the BPPM analytics engine or from PATROL agents? If they are from the BPPM analytics engine, you can adjust the thresholds so that alerts will not be created until the condition has persisted for n minutes, as shown below:

2019-12-03_11-47-35.png

Alerts from the BPPM analytics engine will have a class of ALARM.

2. If the events are coming from your PATROL agents, you can use an MRL timer rule to hold the event temporarily in BLACKOUT status and then re-open the event after 5 minutes. Alerts from PATROL agents will have a class of PATROL Event (PATROL_EV).

3. If your goal is simply to delay the creation of a ticket in Remedy in case the CPU alert resolves itself, you would allow the alert to be created and use an MRL timer rule to delay the propagation of the event to Remedy ITSM.

Once I understand the problem you are trying to solve, I can give you more specific advice.

Regards,

Brendan

4 of 4 people found this helpful