5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2019 12:09 AM by S. Abu Owais Bin Nasar

BMC RemedyForce CMDB Customization - Configuration Item / Asset

S. Abu Owais Bin Nasar
      Share This:

Hi All,

I'm getting difficulty to customize CMDB CI / Asset fields in Remedyforce Console. I want to edit columns in below mentioned snapshot.

In "RemedyForce Administrator Console -> Configure CMDB 2.0 -> Customize View List -> Base Element(All)" not showing all fields.Please find below mentioned snapshot.

I want to add "primary capability" field; which is present in RemedyForce CMDB->Specification tab. Please find below mentioned snapshot.

Waiting for response.

Regards,

Syed Abu Owais

• 1. Re: BMC RemedyForce CMDB Customization - Configuration Item / Asset
          PAWAN KAUSHIK

Hi Syed,

I think The fields form the specification tabs coming from the actual class lets say computer system class. So can you try to modify the ComputerSystem Object. or similarly Laptop class object.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BMC RemedyForce CMDB Customization - Configuration Item / Asset
            Supriya Ashtekar

Hi  Owais Nasar.

The field "Primary Capability" on the specification tab coming from the Computer system class, and the fields which displayed on the lookup field on the Incident object coming from the Base element field set, that's why you are not able to see that field on the lookup field on the Incident object

So if you want to have the same field to be displayed on that lookup field of the CI on the Incident object, then create the custom field with the same name with all values from the "Primary capability" pick list and add that field in the Base element field set as well as Computer system class field set also.

Thanks

Supriya

• 3. Re: BMC RemedyForce CMDB Customization - Configuration Item / Asset
              S. Abu Owais Bin Nasar

Hi PAWAN KAUSHIK & Supriya Ashtekar,

Thanks for response. Yes, i tried these steps provided by you all but unable to fields from Specification, it only displaying general fields.In Base Element ( CI/Asset) Class Name column it displaying monitor, printer etc. but not seggregating server/router/desktop/laptop in Incident Console in CI/Asset vlookup window. Please find below attached screenshot.

In RemedyForce CMDB it displaying class name for all but in Incident console when I view CI / Asset it not showing full name in Class Name column. Please find the below attached screenshot.

2nd how can I add new LOV in mentioned below screenshot.

Waiting for your response.

Regards,

Syed Abu Owais

• 4. Re: BMC RemedyForce CMDB Customization - Configuration Item / Asset
                Shardul Ghorpade

Hi  Owais Nasar.

Please find my responses to your all three queries as below.

Query 1. To have a  "Primary Capability" field as column header on search and link page.

Since "Primary Capability" being computer system class specific field and In list view customization we are listing limited set of Base Element fields only,so this is not configurable.

But alternatively you can follow below steps to see the value of  "Primary Capability" field when you select the instance from Configuration Item / Asset look up from console.
                1.Create a Custom list view for Computer System class and add "Primary Capability" field in it.

2.From Console when you select the instance/CI from Configuration Item / Asset look up, check for the tool tip displayed next to field which displays value       of "Primary Capability" for selected instance as below:

Query 2: For segregating the server/router/desktop/laptop on search and link page follow below steps.

1.Add "Asset Class" field in Base Element field set of Base Element Object.

2.From List view customization add "Asset Class" field for Base Element (All) list view as selected field.

3.You can see the Desktop instance segregated as below on search and link page.

Query 3: Regarding adding the custom list view in Class Filter.

For now, this is not configurable and you can use provided OOTB class filter for filtering the instances on basis of All Class, Asset Class or CI Class.

Thanks,

Shardul

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: BMC RemedyForce CMDB Customization - Configuration Item / Asset
                  S. Abu Owais Bin Nasar

Hi Shardul Ghorpade,

Thanks for kind support.

Regards,

Syed Abu Owais