3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2019 3:11 PM by Candice Olsen

Two installs of Trackit 2019 on same database server

Candice Olsen
      Share This:

Has anyone had success running two installs of Trackit 2019 on the same database server?  Aside for the TI_BCM (which doesn't look like it can be re-named during install so is problematic in itself) I think it would be a fair assumption that the same users are created and would share the logins/roles between the two DBs but wanted to ask in case I'm missing something...

• 1. Re: Two installs of Trackit 2019 on same database server
          Johan Gouverneur

This currently won't work because of the SQL Users that are created.

If you want to run it multiple times on the same server I would suggest using SQL Instances and install Track-It! in separate one's.

• 2. Re: Two installs of Trackit 2019 on same database server
            Sridhar Sadhasivam

Candice Olsen

Well, if you want to have two instances of Track-It! "Databases" on the same (DB) server, then yes. But if you want two instances of Track-It! "Application" on the same (Windows) server, then no. As Johan mentioned, the installation would not allow you to install two instances of the application on the same server. But if you wish to have two instances of the same Track-It! DB that you can use as a test server for your "pre-production" validations then here's what you can try doing:

• Take the backup of the first DB (TI_DB_1)
            • Restore on the same server with a new name (TI_DB_2)
            • Run the DBLogins.exe (can be found under the <install folder>\Tools) and connect to second DB
            • Provide relevant details and run the tool

Now you have a second instance of Track-It! DB (copy of the first one) is ready for usage. In order to use this second DB, you need a new application server and while installing, you can connect to the second server during the Database options screen and you should be good.

If you face any issues during the process, do let us know.

-Sridhar

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Two installs of Trackit 2019 on same database server
              Candice Olsen

Thank you, both.  We have another department that purchased a Track-It! license so the second DB would be made of completely different information rather than just used as a test of our production environment.  I was hoping to avoid having two separate servers but it looks like that's still best case for my scenario.