3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2019 9:12 AM by Adriano Gomes

Hi All...

Apoorv Chaturvedi
      Share This:

Hi All

I have scheduled a database job to run every 15 mins but after new day one duplicate job comes into monitoring and I have to manually put it on hold.

Not understanding what is the issue here as I have created only one database job in planning to run every day .

Below is screen shot :-

Do I need to make any changes in scheduling details ?

Regards

Apoorv

• 1. Re: Hi All...
          Bhanu Prakash Badiginchala

Is there a max run set?

How many days is the Keep Active field set for? (Found on scheduling tab at the bottom)

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Hi All...
            Ilyas Shaikh

Hi Apoorv,

Is it the case that at the time of NDP the old instance of the job was in executing state? If yes, then you will see the 2 instances of the same job in monitoring domain but the previous day instance will will the cyclic flag off and will only complete its current execution.

If above is not true then as Bhanu Prakash Badiginchala mentioned, you should look at the Keep Active field.

If you don't want to run the 2 instances of the same job in any of the above case, you can configure the quantitative resource on the job.

Regards,

Ilyas Shaikh

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Hi All...
              Adriano Gomes

HI Apoorv Chaturvedi

As mentioned by Ilyas Shaikh,  if the job(cyclic or not) is executing as of New Time, this job will be kept on Active as part of NDP selection mechanism also a new job is ordered to Active as part of NDP. that is why you may notice 2 Job instances.

But, The Control-M CYCLIC_MAXWAIT system parameter governs the Control-M Application behavior related to CYCLIC Jobs and MAXWAIT/Keep Active For nDays.

So, the CTM Application default behavior for CYCLIC jobs is to KEEP Cyclic jobs that had run at least once on Active regardless of it ended status until "MAXWAIT/Keep Active For nDays" is not exceeded. This makes sense to what is happening as mentioned by Bhanu Prakash Badiginchala if your current cyclic job does have "MAXWAIT/Keep Active For nDays" >  0, then CTM will keep them Active while not expired.

CYCLIC_MAXWAIT

Indicates when Cyclic jobs/SMART Folders that have previously executed at least once, are removed from Active Jobs by the New Day procedure.

Valid values:

• KEEP – each job is removed when MAXWAIT days have passed regardless of whether it ended OK.
              • NOT_KEEP – each job (non-cyclic and cyclic) is removed from Active Jobs at the next run of the New Day procedure. Cyclic jobs/SMART Folders are not removed if they are executing when the New Day procedure begins. Instead, they are removed at the run of the following New Day procedure.

Default: KEEP

My Best

A>Gomes

3 of 3 people found this helpful