3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2019 11:49 AM by Michael Ashall

How to control the granularity of rest API peformance data?

Andrew Nevill
      Share This:

I've been trying to use the  TruSight Presentation server   REST API to get some performance data  for a particular device and monitor.

Specifically the perfdata  API

Retrieving the performance data of monitor instances - Documentation for BMC TrueSight Presentation Server 11.3 - BMC Do…

It is working for me  but I only seem to be able to retrieve  hourly average data points.     

Anyone know if there is any way to control the granularity of  data returned please ?    

My use case is, for example,  try to retrieve  VM  CPU and memory metrics for a testing team  - after they have run a 2 hour long performance test.

The UI shows  detailed graphs  ( data points at 1 minute intervals)  so I wanted to get that same data, however,  from what I read in the docs and what I find by trying it out  the best I can do is

get  72 hourly data points showing average data ?

Responses from the API tell me I have to specify request parameters with a  minimum window of one hour.

{"requestTimeStamp":"2019-11-14T10:46:49","responseTimeStamp":"2019-11-14T10:46:49","statusCode":"400","statusMsg":"Bad Request","responseMsg":"Invalid request parameter: [Incorrect time interval, valid time range is [1,72] hours]","responseContent":null}

If I specify a 2 hour window  I get two data points,  3 hours - 3 points,  and so on  

Is there a different API or some other way to do this ?