4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2019 3:09 PM by Adriano Gomes

Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?

Adriano Gomes
      Share This:

Hi All Masters Of Control-M Community Universe

I was recently approached with something very challenging to answer.

• How to determine which current logged in users are indeed using CCM Gui Client?

First I was wondering that by issuing PGUI or PLIST control shell commands on GUI Server Component I would get it, but sadly I realized that it would be true only If the user first performed login to CWA Gui and then invoked the CCM Call built-in from Tools.

The findings of this research was the following: 

1. Whenever the logged in user quit CWA Gui and keep the CCM Gui, there is no record or tracking visible evidence that the user is current logged in;
      2. when the CCM Client logs in straight from CCM GUi, also there is no record or tracking visible evidence that the user is current logged in;

The far I was able chase the CCM Gui Client user was to track when was the user last logged in by listing audit_login table.

select * from audit_login where clienttype='em_ccm' order by logintime desc

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

A>Gomes

• 1. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
          Haw Kor

Hi Adriano,

Would parsing the gsr_diag* logs on the EM yield something?   grep for 'type:' it will show you which client a user logged in as...for example I have the following types:

GUI

em_ccm

em_wlaweb

Thanks,

Haw

• 2. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
            Haw Kor

I've also noticed in the table audit_activities you can select both LOGIN and LOGOUT

The query I used is as follows:

SELECT username, comp_type FROM audit_activities WHERE (operation like 'LOGIN USER' or operation like 'LOGOUT USER')

The comp_type will give you the different types of clients.

Haw

• 3. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
              Adriano Gomes

Hi Haw Kor

After evaluating your suggestion, I just want to make a minor correction :

For me on V9, I was able to find the evidence of some user is logging To CCM gui on grep "type: em_ccm" cms_diag.<host> .<pid>.<date>.<seq>.txt file.

with your suggestion, Indeed it is possible to script to get all <IDs>  associated with CCM user login registered and track whether the ID  is unregistered.

with these  commands below :

grep "type: em_ccm" cms_diag.<host>.66366.20191113.#0020.txt

grep -e "was assigned UserID\|and registered user name" cms_diag.<host>.66366.20191113.#0020.txt | grep "$USER_ID"

usersmanager    ECSUsersManager::IDLRegisterImpl(thread 3326613248)     User A112288 was assigned UserID DD0ECEEA82 and registered user name A112288. Authorization message:

grep -e "User DD0ECEEA82 unregistered successfully." cms_diag.<host>.66366.20191113.#0020.txt

13/11/2019      16:45:42.721    [3]     usersmanager    ECSUsersManager::Unregister(thread 3325122304)  User DD0ECEEA82 unregistered successfully.

Thank You very much for contributing

A>Gomes

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
                Adriano Gomes

Hi Control-M , Haw Kor

Just updating this thread:

First: The most obvious solutions are the easiest to be found but the hardest to be believed and taken seriously.

Guess what! THE CMS Control Shell does have the same PGUI command that returns Users logged in to CCM application.

Just like that. Easy.

No Code, no log analysis required.

It is not FAKE news.

My Best Rgds

A>Gomes

1 of 1 people found this helpful