3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2019 7:34 AM by Adriano Gomes

Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?

Adriano Gomes
      Share This:

Hi All Masters Of Control-M Community Universe

I was recently approached with something very challenging to answer.

• How to determine which current logged in users are indeed using CCM Gui Client?

First I was wondering that by issuing PGUI or PLIST control shell commands on GUI Server Component I would get it, but sadly I realized that it would be true only If the user first performed login to CWA Gui and then invoked the CCM Call built-in from Tools.

The findings of this research was the following: 

1. Whenever the logged in user quit CWA Gui and keep the CCM Gui, there is no record or tracking visible evidence that the user is current logged in;
      2. when the CCM Client logs in straight from CCM GUi, also there is no record or tracking visible evidence that the user is current logged in;

The far I was able chase the CCM Gui Client user was to track when was the user last logged in by listing audit_login table.

select * from audit_login where clienttype='em_ccm' order by logintime desc

Any suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

A>Gomes

• 1. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
          Haw Kor

Hi Adriano,

Would parsing the gsr_diag* logs on the EM yield something?   grep for 'type:' it will show you which client a user logged in as...for example I have the following types:

GUI

em_ccm

em_wlaweb

Thanks,

Haw

• 2. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
            Haw Kor

I've also noticed in the table audit_activities you can select both LOGIN and LOGOUT

The query I used is as follows:

SELECT username, comp_type FROM audit_activities WHERE (operation like 'LOGIN USER' or operation like 'LOGOUT USER')

The comp_type will give you the different types of clients.

Haw

• 3. Re: Is there any known way to track CCM Gui users currently logged in?
              Adriano Gomes

Hi Haw Kor

After evaluating your suggestion, I just want to make a minor correction :

For me on V9, I was able to find the evidence of some user is logging To CCM gui on grep "type: em_ccm" cms_diag.<host> .<pid>.<date>.<seq>.txt file.

with your suggestion, Indeed it is possible to script to get all <IDs>  associated with CCM user login registered and track whether the ID  is unregistered.

with these  commands below :

grep "type: em_ccm" cms_diag.<host>.66366.20191113.#0020.txt

grep -e "was assigned UserID\|and registered user name" cms_diag.<host>.66366.20191113.#0020.txt | grep "$USER_ID"

usersmanager    ECSUsersManager::IDLRegisterImpl(thread 3326613248)     User A112288 was assigned UserID DD0ECEEA82 and registered user name A112288. Authorization message:

grep -e "User DD0ECEEA82 unregistered successfully." cms_diag.<host>.66366.20191113.#0020.txt

13/11/2019      16:45:42.721    [3]     usersmanager    ECSUsersManager::Unregister(thread 3325122304)  User DD0ECEEA82 unregistered successfully.

Thank You very much for contributing

A>Gomes

1 of 1 people found this helpful