1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 13, 2019 4:50 AM by Dominik Kress

Collect ALL Windows Registry Keys for Uninstall Strings (Custom Inventory)

Steve Gibbs
      Share This:

I have attached two files that you can download. The Zip file contains the 4 batch files that you will need to create a package to using in the actual Op Rule. The XML file you will need to import and then go to lost and found under Global Settings and COPY then traverse to the Op Rules Menu item and paste it in a folder of your choosing.  Once you have created the deployment package ADD a package to the Op Rule you just pasted in your folder. Go to Steps Tab and refresh to see the new package you just added. Move to Step #3. Test this Op Rule on a Windows device.  Once run and executed go to the test machine > Inventory > Custom | Uninstall Strings.

You will then see ALL 32 and 64 bit Uninstall Strings (I also added the Quiet Keys if there are any).  You can run on just 32 bit OS as I added Workflows to continue on Failed Step for those old Windows 7 or 8.1 machines still out there.  We also have some customers that have installed the 32 bit Windows 10 OS for legacy software requirements.

Create Custom Package: You must use C:\BCM as the "Destination Folder" and leave BLANK the RUN command,

Screen Shot 1 of 4 Batch Files: (Click on Image to Enlarge)

Collect Reg Strings.png

Screen Shot of Custom Inventory Collected: (Click on Image to enlarge)

UninstallStringspng.png

Here is a Screen Shot of the Op Rule Steps: (Click to Enlarge)

OpRule-UninstallString.png

The Op Rule Attached does NOT have Step #3 Included - You must Create a Package and then Assign using the Packages Tab of the Op Rule. I also am using a Folder Called C:\BCM to  use as the folder where my package will use as the Destination Folder.

This post is a courtesy and must be tested prior to running on multiple devices.  It was intended to only be assigned to select devices where getting the uninstall string from those devices to be very difficult and the BCM admin intends to create an Op Rule to uninstall that software using BCM Op Rule Steps. There is no guarantees associated with this document or its attachments.

Steve Gibbs