11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2019 9:05 AM by Shelly Menachem

Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)

Ashish Kangaokar
      Share This:

Hello Dear Reader

We have a set-up of TrueSight App Visibility, following are some in-detail context.

1) we have one server dedicated for Portal

2) we have one server dedicated for collector

3) we have one server dedicated for proxy

4) APM agents are installed on 3 servers (all are java agents) and we could receive data that are represented in Web Tier, Database Tier, sometimes we could see data in the User Tier,

Now, the challenge is we are not receiving data in the Network Tier, as far as I know that the data provided to the network tier is the app visibility proxy, and App visibility proxy as stated above is up and running, but what can be the reason of no data inside Network Tier.

I have also attached a screenshot below for your reference.

• 1. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
          Jamil Hussain

#apm, truesight app visibility

Hi Ashish the network tier is collected by the end user monitoring, i notice from your picture you dont have any user tier data? have you inject any pages for this? it is very easy to do, you could inject euem stub script into the java application that you are monitoring.this would then give you data. you also have the agents so you should get the network monitoring

Network

Experience of end users experiencing issues due to the calculated network latency:

• Impacted Users (number inside the circle). Number of end users experiencing network latency issues that exceed the defined thresholds. The color reflects whether the percentage of users experiencing issues exceeds the defined thresholds.
          • Average Latency. Network latency, calculated as the average end-to-end transaction time minus the average aggregated server time

The information presented by the tier is based on end-user monitoring data collected through the App Visibility proxy.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
            Ashish Kangaokar

Good Day Jamil and Thanks for the insights,

I only see User Tier data highlighting as 1 once in a blue moon, I dont know why... may be its showing only when there is an impact on the users. [Correct me if I am wrong]

****Do you have any steps for injecting EUEM Stubs in the Java application? [You say its easy, but please note I have REUEM and cloud probe installed on board but for some reasons its not working fine, and same is addressed to bmc, do you think euem stub is still needed?]

The JAVA Applications that are monitored are on production and I don't know if injecting the EUEM stub requires tweaking with the JAVA Applications [PLEASE SUGGEST]

• 3. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
              Shelly Menachem

Hi,

Adding the stub doesn’t require changing the application in general - there is an option to enter stub manually but -

it can be done automatically by the AD agents you already have monitoring your Java applications

or by leveraging your load balancer.

can you share the version of the product you are using? And also the type of load balancer you have?

Thanks

Shelly

• 4. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                Ashish Kangaokar

GoodDay Shelly,

Thanks so much for your views,

The version we are using is 11.3.02, I dont have any perfect insights of the load balancer

Please can you let me know how can it be done automatically through AD agents?

Thanks so much again!

• 5. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                  Shelly Menachem

Hi Ashish,

1) for AD agent to inject JS there is nothing to do - it automatically happens as per of the OOTB configuration - since you are on the latest version - this should happen for you - in case it doesn't (as we see in the screen shot) please open support case - my team needs to review the logs and pin point root cause

2) As per load-balancer  - if you have application hosted behind an F5 load-balancer - there is configuration to be done that can cover all your application at once and will not required to relay on specific AD agents

for more information please see here:

https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/tsavmMaster/.Monitoring+by+injecting+JavaScript+by+using+F5+iRule+v11.3.02

• 6. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                    Ashish Kangaokar

Thanks Shelly,

* But do you think the Real End User Experience Monitoring will do this work? or its the only job of AD agents? (to make the network and user Tier       visibile)

*To give you an highlight, we have REUEM 11.00 installed on board, we are just waiting for the CloudProbe to work as there is some issue going on at the NIC configuration. although same is informed to BMC as well. ref number (00785333)

*So my concern is will this REUEM help me fixing the User and the network tier when it will be working fine? or its the only job of the AD agents?

So if you say that the network and user tier is the only AD agent's job, then I will be raising a ticket to the BMC support.

Thanks again Shelly, awaiting your response.

• 7. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                      Shelly Menachem

Hi Ashish,

REUEM AKA Passive EUEM data is not reflected in application view hence this will not help you to achieve this goal.

So - network and user tier is the  AD agent's job (or other available ways of injection as decried)

Regards,

Shelly

• 8. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                        Ashish Kangaokar

Thank you so much Shelly for your time and your expert review, I highly appreciate your contribution.

I have investigated it and found we are not using F5 loadbalancer, so injecting the JS stub through this technique doesn't look possible at this time, also investigated that the version of AD java agents are 11.3.01, and I think they are still capable to resolve this issue without any user's effort.

I will raise this concern to BMC support and seek clarity on what causing the network and user tier not appearing.

Please help me agreeing on the above decision of mine with your valueable reply

Thanks so much again!

• 9. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                          Shelly Menachem

Hi Ashish,

1) The plan yo proposed sound correct to me - please go ahead and open support ticket

2) Can you please share with m which load-balancer you sue - this is interesting for future support of agent-less injection scenarios we are exploring.

Regards,

Shelly

• 10. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                            sabari yadavilli

Hi Shelly,

Ashish forgot to mention that we are monitoring 3 applications. 2 out of them using tomcat web server, and the third one is Glass fish.

1. For Glass fish, We followed steps to enable Agent on application which are same for the tomcat web server. And we were succeeded to get the application view on the PS console and the applications also getting discovered but there is no user and Network tier details are not capturing.

2. The 2 applications which are of Tomcat user tier getting displayed and in that also we are not getting the Network tier data.

In the client site there is no L5 LB...

So Please suggest if you get any idea in this situation.

Regards

SY

• 11. Re: Network Tier visibility (TrueSight App visibility Manager)
                              Shelly Menachem

Hi SY,

Thank you for the additional information.

For the current issue iwth network tier om the 3 applications you monitor - a case needs to be open and investigated - as this *should* work OOTB.

Regards,

Shelly