3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2019 6:30 PM by Kevin Joyce

In TrueSight V11.0 - Daily Report Run Log

John Rowan
      Share This:

Hello,

I have a report that is in the Generation Schedule of "Daily Reports".  Is there a log generated for the reports that run daily other than the individual logs for each report?  I have one report that is supposed to generate on the "Daily Reports" schedule, but it is not running and I would like to see why it is not running daily.  This is not a new report, it just stopped being generated last week for some reason.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

JCRowan

• 1. Re: In TrueSight V11.0 - Daily Report Run Log
          Kevin Joyce

Hi John,

there could be several reasons for the report to not run:

- scheduler crashing when producing the report

- the report is creating an error when it runs

Have you tried to run the report interactively to make sure it still works? If it does, you may want to log a support case and send a copy of loggrabber along with the report name and /or report id number so support can check the los to see what they show during the time the report is supposed to be run.

Thank you,

kevin Joyce

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: In TrueSight V11.0 - Daily Report Run Log
            John Rowan

Hello Kevin,

It is part of a large Daily Reports run that happens.  I am able to run the report manually outside of the schedule and it run successfully.  So there isn't a log that would show the Daily Reports run?  What is the loggrabber that you speak of?

Thank you for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

JCRowan

• 3. Re: In TrueSight V11.0 - Daily Report Run Log
              Kevin Joyce

Hi John,

There should be a task log for the weekly report task. It can be found in a location similar to the following:

Administration >ETL & SYSTEM TASKS >System tasks >Weekly reports > log

It may only show the report did not complete and it may still be necessary to look at the scheduler log from loggrabber if it is crashing due to an issue with the scheduler sizing.

Loggrabber is a tool for gathering the important logs for the TSCO application to allow support to debug issues like this one. Below is a link for how to use and gather loggrabber:

In TSCO, how do I gather the log files using log Grabber (LogGrabber)? INCLUDES VIDEO

Thank you,

Kevin Joyce

2 of 2 people found this helpful