11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2019 7:14 AM by Sinisa Mikor

Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT

Moiz Samiwala
      Share This:

Hello Everyone,

I am kind of new to BMC Remedy environment, there is a requirement from our client that when a request is created an Incident should be created for the request and should be assigned to Service desk team, then if support group needs to escalate the incident then system should set the support group automatically according to the operation categories selected.

So far I have accomplished to Create a SRD which creates an Incident which is assigned to Service Desk team, have created a filter on HPD:Helpdesk form and used the set field action to set the "Assignee Groups" field to a certain group. I have also created the provider action and selected the Assignee Groups field as output and the 3 Operation Categories fields as Input. And lastly I created an Action in screen configuration page in Smart IT.

My issue is that when I select the Escalate action on the ticket the assignment group cannot be saved, an error appears :

"The Support Group "Backoffice Support" is not configured for assignment to Company "Calbro Services" on "HPD:Help Desk" form. Please contact your Administrator. (ARERR 51001)"

I am also confused which field to use in this scenario, Assigned Group or Assignee Groups, I have tried multiple time using these 2 fields with different values such as using the Group ID but have not succeeded.

Please help me as I am a bit confused here, We are using Smart IT 19.02 and AR System 9.1.07.

Thank You,

Moiz Sami

• 1. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
          Sinisa Mikor

Hello Moiz,

you should use Assigned Group (1000000217), Assigned Support Organization (1000000014), and Assigned Support Company (1000000251); all should be equal to corresponding values in CTM:Support Group (Support Group Name, Support Organization, and Support Company).

As for error, check whether that support group (Backoffice Support) is defined as support for that company (Calbro Service) via Application Administration Console ==> Custom Configuration ==> Foundation ==> Organizational Structures ==> Companies and Organizations, and that there is at least one support group member available for assignment.

• 2. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
            Moiz Samiwala

I have tried what you asked and still it is bringing the same error, kindly find the screenshots:

Companies and Organizations:

Each group does have members in that group I checked.

Filter:

and the error I receive:

• 4. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
              Moiz Samiwala

I read the guide, I think everything is set correctly, to confirm that, when I try to assign "Backoffice Support" group manually from the ticket and save it, it is saved correctly without giving any error. its just when I use the filter it is not being saved.

• 5. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                Shwetha BK

Hi Moiz,

Even after doing assignment configuration - if you still find same issue while assigning a ticket in smart IT. There is one more configuration can be done

login to ITSM > Application Administration Console> Foundation> Advance option > Support Group Assignment Configuration > here , need to move the support group from support company to configure support group assignment - under global

Now login to Smart IT

And try to do assignment - it should work without any error.

Regards,

Shwetha

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 6. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                  Moiz Samiwala

I finally got it working, in Execution Options I had selected "Service" only. Once I selected "Modify" too the assignment error no longer appears, although that is not how I want the filter to work, I wanted it to only work when I select the provider action from Smart IT, but now whenever someone will modify the ticket and if the condition is met, the Filter will be executed.

Thank you all for all the suggestions, If some one knows why it is working when Modify is selected and why not without it please let me know also. Thanks

• 7. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                    Sinisa Mikor

How exactly does your Service Desk team escalate incidents?  That action could be included in your filter's Run If Qualification to avoid triggering it needlessly.

You could also switch to using direct group assignment in SRD(s), and instruct Service Desk team to use Auto Assign to easily reassign incident to one of suggested support groups.  That way you would not need to use this filter at all, because assignment rules in CFG:Assignment could suggest appropriate support group, or employ that data in initial assignments; note that you can define multiple groups with identical or overlapping qualifications and use sort order to handle ranking.

• 8. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                      Moiz Samiwala

Currently yes we are using the assignment rule engine method, but Can you please tell me how can I add the action in Run if Qualification. Currently the condition is if Operation Categories 1,2 and 3 are a certain value and if I select the action "Escalate" from smart it which I have created from provider actions then the filter is executed, but I dont know how to add the provider action in m Run if qualification to be honest.

• 9. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                        Sinisa Mikor

There is a chance that workflow is steered by value in z1D Action; the simplest way to test would be turning on (filter) logging to capture its description.  If you haven't got experience with logs, look for your filter -- that should make a good starting point.  Once you've found it, go backwards (chronologically) while paying attention to filters and values listed; some of it may be recognizable enough to help you find what you are looking for and you might also come across an event triggered by Escalate action and workflow which triggers it.

Alternatively, are you aware that it is possible to access transaction and database values of attributes?  (Prepend TR. to field name to reference transaction's value which is usually also visible to user, or may have been entered by user, or prepend DB. to reference previously stored value in database.) With that in mind, you might be able to use something like:

'DB.Assigned Group' = "Service Desk" AND 'DB.Assigned Group' != 'TR.Assigned Group'

to recognize all reassignments from support group called "Service Desk" to any other support group.  If it doesn't matter which event triggered reassignment when specific operational categorization is used, add it to current condition and (If Actions of) your filter will only execute when all those conditions are met; it will trigger on every update (modify), but Run If Condition will force it into Else Actions, which you probably aren't using.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                        • 10. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                          Moiz Samiwala

Okay so I finally got this working, here's what I did:

I started looking at the logs as you mentioned, found that at first there is a filter called HPD:INC:ValidateAsgGrp_048 which wasnt receiving Assigned Group ID, so I did some changes in my filter and provider action and tried to add the Assigned Group ID field, then the logs started showing value beside z1D_Support_GroupName, but it was showing the wrong support group ID. so I searched that filter in Dev Studio and found it was referring to $Assigned Group ID$ which for some reason I could not find that field in Smart IT (19.02) so I created a new custom field, added it in all required incident forms and in HPD:INC:ValidateAsgGrp_048 filter in z1D_Support_GroupName field I asked it to look to the field I created and in my filter which I created I passed the Support group ID in the field I created and everything is working as it should now. When I click on the Escalate action support group is assigned successfully and it gets saved also successfully.

Thanks everyone for the help

• 11. Re: Set Support Group field in an Incident using Filters in Smart IT
                            Sinisa Mikor

You mentioned in the beginning that you were new(ish) to Remedy so this may have been a harrowing, but hopefully also a learning experience for you.