3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2019 8:30 AM by John Fulton

Integration between BCM (On Demand) and Remedyforce (base editon

Muhammad Faisal Syed
      Share This:

Hi

John Fulton

Please need help to understand if the following link goes for Integration of BMC Client Management (On Demand) with Remedyforce (base edition) or premium as well:

Configuring the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management - Documentation for BMC Remedyforce 20.15.…

Please let me know if there is any other guidelines for BCM On Demand, any link?

Thanks.

Rgds,

MF

• 1. Re: Integration between BCM (On Demand) and Remedyforce (base editon
          John Fulton

I suggest you refer to the latest version/documentation which references OnDemand.  The short answer is yes, the link supports BMC Client Management (OnDemand), but let me provide some additional clarification:

• The page you refer to contains instructions on using the older integration method, which only applies to those customers who purchased BCM on premise or OnDemand. This older integration uses Pentaho.
          • Ideally, any customers interested in BCM OnDemand will purchase BMC Helix Remedyforce Premium or Premium Plus depending on their requirements.  Premium and Premium Plus use the newer integration (i.e. API calls and no Pentaho). BCM OnDemand is functionally equivalent to the Remedyforce Premium Plus option.
          • For those customers who have not implemented BCM OnDemand and want to convert their license to Premium Plus in order to use the newer integration, please contact your BMC representative.  Please note, there isn't a data or technical migration path, so if you've already implemented BCM OnDemand with the older Pentaho integration and still want to move to the newer integration, a complete re-implementation will be required.
          • Please refer to the FAQ for more details on these capabilities and integrations and let me know if you have any additional questions.  Thanks
          3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Integration between BCM (On Demand) and Remedyforce (base editon
            Babar Shamsi

How will integrate BCM on demand with BMC Remedyforce Base. For instance if customer have purchased BMC Remedyforce Base and using it. Now Customer wants to purchase BCM on demand then in that case how we integrate both?

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Integration between BCM (On Demand) and Remedyforce (base editon
              John Fulton

Babar Shamsi - If the customer wants BCM OnDemand, they should purchase the Premium Plus option as it provides the same functional capabilities as BCM OnDemand. Please refer to the FAQ I referenced above for more details on the differences between the older integration with BCM vs. the newer integration with Premium Plus and let me know if you still have questions. Thanks

3 of 3 people found this helpful