7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2019 7:00 AM by Bill Robinson

Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7

R B
      Share This:

Hello All,

We are in process to remove the application server from BSA version 8.7.

So when we select Delete deployment and delete server registration , does it also uninstall application server or we have to do it manually ?

My second question here is does it remove from "Application server Launcer" as well ? How to remove from "Application server Launcer" after removing from "Application servers"

What is the process of decommissioning application server ? does we have to uninstall and then remove from Infrastructure management ?

Regards,

RB

• 1. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
          Bill Robinson
          So when we select Delete deployment and delete server registration , does it also uninstall application server or we have to do it manually ?

i removed that deployment.  it doesn't uninstall the appserver software from the system, because the appserver install is more than just a single instance of the appserver.

My second question here is does it remove from "Application server Launcer" as well ? How to remove from "Application server Launcer" after removing from "Application servers"

if this is the only instance/deployment on this server, once you stop the launcher i believe it won't show up under 'appserver launchers' anymore.

What is the process of decommissioning application server ? does we have to uninstall and then remove from Infrastructure management ?

stop the instance

remove it using inframgr

remove it from any job routing rules.

stop the services.

you don't need to uninstall the software.

• 2. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
            R B

Hello Bill,

Thanks for the help really appreciated.

however in my test environment, I have removed the server3 from application servers but it is still showing in Application server Launchers :

and there is no option to remove it as well.

Thanks,

RB

• 3. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
              Bill Robinson

is there a pxe server associated w/ it ?

• 4. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
                R B

No, PXE is not associated

• 5. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
                  Bill Robinson

did you stop the appserver service on 3 ?

there's still a row in the appliation_server or application_server_model table that is 'live' for this server.  if you open a support case we can figure out what and then update the db so that it no longer shows.

• 6. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
                    R B

Hello Bill,

Thanks for help, will above issue cause problem in upgarde ? i.e have server3 in Application server launchers.

I have one more questions here - We are having 5 application servers in production environment, 2 new servers where added because 2 old servers where on Redhat 5 OS, which is not supported by BSA 8.9 UPI installer.

When we will be doing upgarde activity if we just stop application servers on 2 old servers, will the UPI installer skip upgarde for 2 old servers or we have to remove them from Infrastructure Management completely and then uninstall application server.

Regards,

RB

• 7. Re: Remove Application Server - BBSA 8.7
                      Bill Robinson

you need to remove the appservers from the env that you don't want the upi to touch.  if you do the 'remove' and there are remnants still there - like the launcher entries, open a ticket and support can help you get those removed.