4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2019 5:21 AM by Nazia Naseem

BMC Remedy CI support Relationship Bulk load

Nazia Naseem
      Share This:

Hi,

I have downloaded "Transactional_Asset.xlsm" dataload template from Spreadsheet management and I want to load bulk CI support group relationship data into BMC Remedy CMDB using DMT. This sheet have many tabs so can anybody help me to understand if I need to load CI support group relationship only, Is I can load complete workbook or a specific sheet which is named as "AST_LoadAssetPeople" and other tabs needs to be deleted from workbook and keep that sheet only which we want to load.

And also wants to know about first row of each tab (Instructions rows needs to be deleted at the time of prepare load sheet and during load )

Your answer would be helpful.

Thanks!

Regards,

Nazia Naseem

• 1. Re: BMC Remedy CI support Relationship Bulk load
          Sinisa Mikor

Hi Nazia,

transformation used by DMT job loads and acts upon each sheet (mostly) separately, so you can fill only parts you need and not worry about anything else; actually, if you removed unnecessary sheets, job would probably fail.  As to first three rows, transformation is set up to ignore first two rows (if you are interested and have access to Spoon, have a look at Transactional_Asset transformation -- in top left corner, you'll find action called AST_LoadAssetPeople which loads data from sheet AST_LoadAssetPeople, which is the one you are interested in, and does so starting from row 2, which means third row because numbering starts from zero) so you won't have to delete them either.

• 2. Re: BMC Remedy CI support Relationship Bulk load
            Nazia Naseem

Hi Sinisa,

Thanks for your reply, I got clear from your answer.

Can you please help me to understand about workbook, means let suppose wants to load CI support group relationship only so do I need to put data into AST_LoadAssetPeople sheet of transactional Asset workbook as I attached and other tabs like "AST_LoadBMC_BaseRelationship" , AST_LoadWorklog" and "Instruction remains same in workbook during load.

Please confirm me on this as well.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Nazia Naseem

• 3. Re: BMC Remedy CI support Relationship Bulk load
              Sinisa Mikor

That's right, simply:

1. download template (Transactional_Asset.xlsm)
              2. fill it with data you wish to load (eg. AST_LoadAssetPeople), while ignoring the rest
              3. save that worksheet under any name you want
              4. select "Using BMC Templates" when creating DMT job based on Asset BMC Template and remember to add worksheet from step 3 to load step
              5. run DMT job
              • 4. Re: BMC Remedy CI support Relationship Bulk load
                Nazia Naseem

Hi Sinisa,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Nazia Naseem