5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2019 10:43 AM by Parag Ghanekar

ReOpen URL to be published on SR ticket Resolution notification

Kunal Pishe
      Share This:

Hi All,

We have received a request to publish a Re-Open URL on an email notification, once the SR ticket(REQ) is Completed/resolved.

Here most of SR tickets are mapped to create an INC ticket automatically.

Once the INC ticket is resolved, the SR ticket status changes to Completed.

However, no resolution comment was present anywhere SR ticket or in its notification.

Hence SR status = Completed notification disabled from Sys:Notification Messages form and created a filter to send Resolution comment as well as other SR ticket details which is working as expected.

Filter was created on HPD:Help Desk.

If User clicks on Reopen URL, it must reopen the ticket.(INC & Req)

I will have to create a URL that will change the status of INC from Resolved to Assinged/InProgress as it will automatically reopen the related REQ ticket as well.

But how to create such URL?

Any suggestions.

• 1. Re: ReOpen URL to be published on SR ticket Resolution notification
          rodrigo barcat

Hi Kunal Pishe

The point you mentioned below, I solved in a customer as follows:

However, no resolution comment was present anywhere SR ticket or in its notification.

1 - When ticket (WO, INC) is closed I push the resolution to WOI:WorkLog or HPD:WorkLog (I do not remember if it is the name of these tables), and publish as public and locked=yes. So, the end-user can see on it SR the resolution. The re-open in this case can be native.

2 - To achieve this, I fired my workflow when the SR had its status changed to completed. So the workflow search for all tickets related to this SR, capture the Ticket number and resolution, then pushed it to notes.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: ReOpen URL to be published on SR ticket Resolution notification
            Kunal Pishe

Thank you Rodrigo.

I have understood your 1st point.

Can you please elaborate on your 2nd point in a bit more detail.

Regards,

Kunal Pishe

============================================================================================================================ Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra. ============================================================================================================================

• 3. Re: ReOpen URL to be published on SR ticket Resolution notification
              rodrigo barcat

Hi Kunal,

basically what I did for my customer was:

1. When Incident is completed: push the resolution to the HPD:WorkLog (need to set as public and locked =yes, there is a need to fill in other fields, but then you see with a log.)
              2. When workorder is completed: push the resolution to the WOI:WorkInfo as the idea above.

On my customer, there is a particularity. For all tickets an SR is created, so I trigger my workflow only when the Request is completed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: ReOpen URL to be published on SR ticket Resolution notification
                Kunal Pishe

@Rodrigo - What you are trying to explain, I think i have already implemented it before.

1. Once the engineer selects the Status as Resolved on INC & a valid Status Reason and types a Resolution comment in Resolution field, the same will be updated in WorkInfo Notes automatically as Public.

2. Due to this the REQ Activity log is updated automatically and the REQ ticket's status is changed to Completed.

However, the Resolution comment was going as Activity log update notification and not as Resolution notification which is the reason why i was told to trigger a separate Resolution notification once the ticket is Resolved.

This is the reason why I had to write a new Notify Filter on Modify which will check the status=Resolved as qualification and send it to the person who is attached to the ticket as Customer and is working fine. Now they want us to enable a RE-OPEN URL which is to be sent via the same resolution email notification.

I was thinking if there is any way to change the INC status from Resolved to In-Progress/Assigned via this URL. Because then that will also reopen the REQ ticket.

• 5. Re: ReOpen URL to be published on SR ticket Resolution notification
                  Parag Ghanekar

Hi Kunal,

Try adding the reopen option as a button on the HTML template, similar to the Approve/reject on Approval templates. and then embed the response template within the HTML so the customer can send a response to reopen rather than go to the URL.

Look at the HTML Approval template and reverse engineer and modify that to create the reopen template

Just a suggestion if it can work for you .

Regards

Parag