3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 9:02 AM by Dima Seliverstov

WebInvestigate filters question

Darryl Day
      Share This:

when running webInvestigate getAgentHistoryMetricGroupDataList -A myserver.com -M "Cpu Statistics" -b 1571270400 -e 1571356799 -i 0 -t 30 -n "CPU ID,CPU Utilization"

no data is returned

So I tried filters:

webInvestigate getAgentHistoryMetricGroupDataList -A uswxapestq009.uswjqcg.amrs.bankofamerica.com -M "Cpu Statistics" -b 1571270400 -e 1571356799 -i 0 -t 30 -n "CPU ID,CPU Utilization" -p "CPU ID" -q "Equal To" -r 1

does return data ... so I tried

webInvestigate getAgentHistoryMetricGroupDataList -A uswxapestq009.uswjqcg.amrs.bankofamerica.com -M "Cpu Statistics" -b 1571270400 -e 1571356799 -i 0 -t 30 -n "CPU ID,CPU Utilization" -p "CPU ID" -q "Greater Than Or  Equal To" -r 0

but no data.

I want to get all data for all processors  if I have to loop per processor per server it will take a very long time.

Any suggestions ? 

• 1. Re: WebInvestigate filters question
          Dima Seliverstov

Unfortunately, the only way to get data  for a processors via a chart (begin time/end time no interval) is to specify uniq id.

In case of CPU Statistics the unique ID is the CPU ID.

As a workaround you can look at System Statistics which has the aggregated CPU Utilization as a chart, since it is a single entry.

Details of why a chart request has to have unique:

A drill down is a request for a single point in time so all data can be returned.

You can do a series of drill downs (-b -e -i) and get all the data points, but the resolution is going to be low, or the overhead will be extremly high (would discourage doing a -i 10).

A chart returns a unique entry across time at the resolution in history.

The value returned must be unique, (If it is not the agent will kick it out and return a message).

• 2. Re: WebInvestigate filters question
            Darryl Day

Hi Dima,   .... the business requirement is to get the 1 second data ... over a 24 hour period... for a lot of servers.

Running some tests

time webInvestigate getAgentHistoryMetricGroupDataList -A <myServername> -M "Cpu Statistics" -b 1571270400 -e 1571356800 -i 30 -t 300 -n "CPU ID,CPU Utilization" -p "CPU ID" -q "Equal To" -r "1" |wc -l

for i=0         I get 39656  lines in 0 minutes 7 seconds and 39656 rows

For i=30     I get 2886    lines in  2 minutes 28 seconds

For i=60     I get 1446    lines in  1 minute 20 seconds For I=10     I get 8646    lines in  7 minutes 24 seconds

does it do any "summary" or just provides the data from the interval points? Looks like just  the data in which case I'm better to specify i=0  and process each row and throw away the ones I don't want as it would appear to be much faster.

does this sound correct ?

Thanks

• 3. Re: WebInvestigate filters question
              Dima Seliverstov

Re: does it do any "summary" or just provides the data from the interval points?

Just provided the data from the interval points

Re: specify i=0  and process each row and throw away the ones I don't want as it would appear to be much faster.

Yes