2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2019 1:39 AM by Prasad Veerangan

CMDB published information to avail in lower cell

Prasad Veerangan
      Share This:

Hi All,

Any idea which table needs to be queried to extract the CMDB published data from the master cell. As we need to insert/update/delete the site & customer information to the Lower cell.

Best Regards,

Prasad V

• 1. Re: CMDB published information to avail in lower cell
          Brendan Murray

Hi Prasad,

The base data class for CIs is MC_SM_COMPONENT. If you are using service models, the relationships are stored in MC_SM_RELATIONSHIPS.

The following mquery commands will extract the CIs and relationships from your cell in BAROC format:

mquery -n <cell_name> -d -a MC_SM_COMPONENT -f BAROC -q > sm_components.baroc

mquery -n <cell_name> -d -a MC_SM_RELATIONSHIP -f BAROC -q > sm_relationships.baroc

Regards,

Brendan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CMDB published information to avail in lower cell
            Prasad Veerangan

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for your help.

I have queried the custom class table where the CMDB records are published to pull the device, site and Customer information.Existing solution is to have CSV uploaded for the Dynamic Enrichment policy in Correlation cell. Thereby hostname have the site and Customer information for any incoming Entuity Events and propagated to master cell for ticketing.

Recently we have integrated the CMDB with TSIM. I have created a shell script to query the site, customer & device information from BMC_Computer_System class. However to upload these data in Entry cell. I'm trying to achieve it via mposter command in the same shell script to upload the data on DDEN_MATCH_TABLE.

Is my above approach is correct ?

Best Regards,

Prasad V