1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2019 9:37 AM by Jeffrey Jenkins

Looking to automate tagging using a CSV fileI have figured out the tagging using a CSV file

John Rowan
      Share This:

I figured out how to accomplish the tagging, but I do have questions.  It doesn't seem like the TAGDAT dataset matches up with the PV_SYS_TAG table/view.  I also want to utilize existing sysid's and not create new sysid's each time add to a servers tags.  For Instance in PV_SYS_TAG there is a SYSTYPE column, but in the TAGDAT dataset, there is no such column/field that corresponds.  Here is the before "ADD" image of PV_SYS_TAGS.  This is in version 11 of the product.

Here is the after view.  Now I am not trying to insert values for all the column in the TAGDAT, just the required ones.  Here is the CSV file.

ENTCATNM,DS_ENTNM,ENTNM,TAG,TAGDESCR,TAGTYPE,OPERATION

SYS,QA,evdla020,VMware,Test Tag1,ENV,ADD

Here is the result of the "ADD" operation.

It generated a new SYSID, and I want to use one of the existing SYSID's.  It also inserted Generic into the SYSTYPE field, so I am confused as how I manipulate this process to get it to accomplish what I want it to, which is assigning new tags under different TAGTYPENAME.

Hopefully that makes sense, I am new to this product, but am a technical guy who used to be an Oracle DBA in a past life.

1 2 Previous Next