4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2019 9:29 AM by Anne Brock

Open Incidents from SRD

rodrigo barcat
      Share This:

Hi all,

I have a very simple question on RemedyForce.

I created an SRD, related templates(incident and sr), categories, etc. However, I need that depending on the user's response the open ticket is an incident rather than a Service Request. How do I achieve this goal?

I know Remedy well, and I thought Force would be as simple as making this SRD and PDT relationship, but I didn't see PDT in RemedyForce.

So my question is: How do I get an SRD, depending on the user's response to open an incident or a service request?

Cheers!

• 1. Re: Open Incidents from SRD
          Anne Brock

In Remedyforce, an SRD will always open a Service Request. I believe there is an idea open to change this, but that's how it is designed for now.

Many of us add another field to the form to flag it as an incident or service request; however, when it creates the back end ticket, it's still an SR ticket with the SR layout.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Open Incidents from SRD
            rodrigo barcat

Perfect explanation, Anne.

Thank you very much, I will continue with ootb flow!

Up²&Away

• 3. Re: Open Incidents from SRD
              rodrigo barcat

Hi Anne Brock hope you are doing fine.

Where can I found some info about you mention, above.

Many of us add another field to the form to flag it as an incident or service request; however, when it creates the back end ticket, it's still an SR ticket with the SR layout.

I will need to make this customization, but found nothing about.

Thank you!

• 4. Re: Open Incidents from SRD
                Anne Brock

Hi, Rodrigo -

I doubt it's documented anywhere, just one of those things a lot of us do.

The OOTB field is "Type" and it's a formula field.

So I added a custom field - picklist - with two values - Incident and Service Request.

Then in my SRDs, in the incident template they call, I map that field to either Incident or Service Request. I can then have it on the Console as a column if I want; use in SLAs; or do whatever I want with it.

So Type is still Service Request; but my custom field is Incident.

Hope that helps

2 of 2 people found this helpful